LegacyGT.com

New Thump noise

Has anyone noticed a, (i'll call it a thump) noise coming from the drivers side of the car. I have a 2020 Premiere. It sounds like a water bottle rolling across the car and hitting the door panel. I have heard it every time I start driving, within the first few minutes. I originally thought it happened when I was turning left, hence the water bottle analogy, but it soon didn't follow that pattern and did it even when driving in a straight line. I wouldn't have brought this up into the forum, but my work car is the same model year Outback and it does the same thing. I just had the gas tank recall done on the Outback and it did it 3 times in about 6-7 minutes on the way home. Any thoughts?

I don't have a new car (05 LGT wagon), but I am just going to throw out there that the auto climate control seems to make some interesting noises as things warm up / cool down. I would take it to the stealership for sure if it was mine.

when thumping happens to me its generally a rock in the tire making the noise. Sometimes its ice buildup as well on the underside of the car depending on the weather. The cold weather brings out all the little creaks and moans and normally its nothing to worry about.

I remember one time I thought I had a major issue and it turned out I had a stick lodged in between the wheel and the control arm and it was making a thumping noise.