LegacyGT.com

97 Subaru legacy GT p0 303

While driving on the freeway home from work check engine light popped on pulled over scanned it with my scanner p0303 came up which is cylinder 3 is experiencing a misfire I must before this popped up I had a brand new coil pack installed new spark plug wires and new spark plugs so I don't know what it could be right after I accelerated quickly to get over into the lane I was supposed to be in it popped up any help would be greatly appreciated!

That could be a multitude of things, if it only happened once I wouldn't put too much effort into it, if it's nearly every time you accelerate hard then I'd look into it. Pull the spark plug, inspect and clean it. If it looks fine then you can try to swap plugs and wires to different cylinders and see if the code moves. If it doesn't I'd suspect maybe the #3 fuel injector is clogged or getting tired.

I had a transient misfire like that once not long after a tuneup, just like you. It turned out to be that the dielectric grease trapped air tight enough to push the plug wire back off the coil. Stick something like a straight probe with no burrs along the tower under the boot while you push the plug wire on and if that is your problem you should be able to hear it let out a tiny fart. Never happened to me after that.

I did what you stayed at Chaz to no avail it seems bro I think I'll have to take her into the shop she's bogging down when I accelerate at first and then after hesitation she'll pick right up... in it's really weird