LegacyGT.com

Swapping trunk lid without spoiler or camera

I have a 2010 LGT and wanted to swap the trunk lid to one without the lip just so I don't have to fill any holes. I wanted to know if anyone was aware if I can just toss my camera and lock cylinder from my trunk lid into the new one no problem or if there are any complications. Thanks

I believe you will have to drill a hole for the camera. I had looked into installing a camera for my 2012GT and their is thread about installing it in the Interior/Audio section of this forum. You will want the camera and camera trunk harness from your trunk, if the new trunk does not have it.

I have a 2010 LGT and wanted to swap the trunk lid to one without the lip just so I don't have to fill any holes. I wanted to know if anyone was aware if I can just toss my camera and lock cylinder from my trunk lid into the new one no problem or if there are any complications. Thanks

Impossible …. There is no way to make this work.

All jokes aside: yeah! You can probably swap the plastic carrier above the plate recess over from one trunk to the other and avoid a lot of complications with the camera and the harness is likely the same. I don’t think it’ll give you any problems at all. Once the trunk lid liner is dropped, the lock cylinder is very easy to swap over.

The most complicated aspect of this is the human aspect. If you are swapping with another owner, then you may find that this has to be completed more immediately. If that’s the case: remove your lock cylinder in your leisure before the swap to have “in hand” and familiarize yourself with the process of r&i on that component whilst leaving your own trunk lid liner “down”. Will make a swap fast and also less stressful to have visibility. Shouldn’t cause any issues with water / weather considering the angle that the lock cylinder is installed.

Good luck and happy wrenching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk