LegacyGT.com

Front oil galley plugs

Can't you drill out the ID ?

Here's a place that we used to get items from.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/127096-86-f150-5-0-fi-runs-rough-after-warm-up.html

Back in the day, our car was pictures in one of their catalogs.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If I drilled it out it would compromise the bolt, not enough material.

But I sent an email to killer b.com and they sent this so it looks like this can work. My 5 dollar plug is .65" total length. This is .88 roughly the same length as the oem magnetic drain plug.

1228012663_killerboilplugadapter.png.8e87ff9c939d269c01860832f6fb0b6b.png

And problem solved, the Killer B 20m oil sensor adapter works perfectly! Worth the 38 bucks! The sensor can only go that far into the bolt which ensures it doesn't hit that basket. Kudos again to everyone for the info and to killer b for making this, I think the bolt is a lot easier than drilling holes into oilpans.

20210923_132238.thumb.jpg.4ffbfa90ba92120e5e972afd920063e7.jpg

So, if you're looking to do fewer oil changes...now, remember Blackstone Labs told me at 7000 miles, to leave the oil in and send in another sample at 9000 miles.

Just saying...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

So, if you're looking to do fewer oil changes...now, remember Blackstone Labs told me at 7000 miles, to leave the oil in and send in another sample at 9000 miles.

Just saying...;)

Anything is possible with a little effort and information. What the hell lets see, how can we measure when its time to change your oil? Or how can we measure if there are enough of a certain particle or particles in your oil to justify an oil change? You can measure anything these days with the right sensor, and with all these other ports we might be able to come up with a solution to tell us stop driving the car and change or add oil immediately!

I know they have sensors for telling you the amount of crap or particles in water, is there something like that for oil? We got 2 ocv's so we could potentially add 2 more sensors for oil management!

The Blackstone people have a sensor for something, you find out what the most reliable or important variable is, find a specific sensor and you can wire something up with all this programming crap I see people doing on the forums, it is impressive to say the least!

Edited by Tehnation

It's much easier to send off a sample to the Lab and for $35.00 they will give you a detailed report and tell you how good your oil is.

This is from April 2013,

This first sample from your GT Wagon showed low wear metals after this 6,599-mile oil run.

Universal averages show typical wear for this type of engine after about 4,000 miles on the oil. We did find a

trace of fuel in this sample, but that's a harmless amount that could come from starting prior to sampling, city

driving, or extended idling. The viscosity was on target and no other contamination was found. The TBN

read strong at 4.9, showing lots of active additive remaining. 1.0 is low. Add 2,000 miles to this run. Iron will

go up, but other metals shouldn't.