LegacyGT.com

Cobb access port V3 won't power on

So installed my intake went to plug my access port in and won't power on. Called Cobb they told be to try USB and another car, it powers on by USB as well as in my wife's Subaru.

Tried battery charger as suggested by cobb

Called Cobb they told me I'm f*cked

Any suggestions guys I'm legit about to sell the gt and my parts I collected beyond frustrated

Thnaks

Edited by JoeInOregon

The cables that come with the AP are notoriously shitty. Might need a new one. Does it power on fine if you use the USB cable with a PC?
Yes powers on fine with USB, also in my wife's car.

I was able to get it to work enough to flash new tune , but it still doesn't want to turn on every time seems to be totally random , plug and unplug over and over and it comes on, weird part is I'm only unplugging from the access port itself , not the odb port

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cobb really told you, they couldn't help you... ?

I will say, if the AP works when plugged into a different car...it sounds like your car is the problem, not the Cobb AP.

I know years ago, I had an issue with the port on the AP, Cobb fixed it when I sent it to them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Cobb really told you, they couldn't help you... ?

I will say, if the AP works when plugged into a different car...it sounds like your car is the problem, not the Cobb AP.

I know years ago, I had an issue with the port on the AP, Cobb fixed it when I sent it to them.

Yes they did, and it was/is definitely my car. Ya they where surprisingly unconcerned, I mean I get it wasn't their equipment that was the problem. They said it happens a lot with older cars and suggested I go to a protuner and have them look at it.

My tuner (ArcFlash) however was super helpful and offered look at it .

I'm honestly not a big fan of Cobbs affect on the open source community but at the same time shops like arcflash balance it out. I can't recommend them highly enough if you are in central Oregon, my legacy is always the junkiest car in the parking lot and I feel like it gets the same level of workmanship as the many expensive toys on the lift

As of today it powers on and off just fine. Pretty weird think my car has electrical gremlins

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk