LegacyGT.com

How much does heat affect your guys subarus? It’s been a long time going and I’m finally in the final stages of having my car e-tuned and it’s leaving a lot to be desired in terms of results but I’m being reminded of my old sti. When I first got it, on really hot days, it felt so slow I thought there was something wrong with it.

I was trying to get the e-tune done before the hot weather hit but here we are with highs of 108-115 and lows of 88-90 and I’m hoping when fall hits that the car feels a LOT snappier.

My car was e-tuned in the late fall with temps around 40. Difference between hot and cold weather performance is very noticeable. With Stage 2 it is not a slouch in the summer by any means but come cold days it pulls like a train.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Well, let's look at it this way, how do you perform when it's that hot ? I know you live in the "Dry Heat" I spent 4 year in CA in the High Desert, Victorville CA, so I know how hot it can get.

Being older now, 66y/o, I hate the heat. I don't push the car very hard in this heat...back here in CT we have humidity...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well, let's look at it this way, how do you perform when it's that hot ? I know you live in the "Dry Heat" I spent 4 year in CA in the High Desert, Victorville CA, so I know how hot it can get.

Being older now, 66y/o, I hate the heat. I don't push the car very hard in this heat...back here in CT we have humidity...

I don’t perform lol. I HATE the heat and I’ve been trying to convince the wife to move back to wyoming since the first month we’ve moved here.

Do you have an upgraded TMIC? Had no issues with my grimmspeed over 400whp. Switched to FMIC because racecar.

Shameless plug: I am selling a GS TMIC kit with low miles!

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/md-gs-tmic-madrig-carbon-scoop-and-sf-cover-286258.html

I do have an ebay rev9 top mount and no im not proud of it. i did get it to fit pretty good but im wondering how efficient it is. According to the logs, fuel is good and i dont have any heatshield rattle. I do have a spring rattling on the clutch disk which i hope isnt causing false knock events but the only time it makes any noise is at idle and the only real way to diagnose it is to replace it and see if it goes away.

Yeah, your IAM is at 0.875. So it pulled a certain amount of timing across the board. And it is still removing additional timing at least in one cell. Your tuner knows you are getting tuned with 91 octane right? Look at that IAT of 136F btw :spin:

I also live in a dry and hot desert climate (110F right now) @ ~2700ft elevation. I have a VF52 (JMP) with a Grimspeed TMIC. Still in the process of working on my tune. But so far, when it is hot, my load only peaks around 2.6 g/rev @ 16-17 psi boost. When it gets cooler (e.g. 65-70F), I can reach 3.2 g/rev.

Another point, I was using the stock TMIC before and could tell that I needed to avoid doing several pulls one after the other; after the first pull, I think the TMIC was already getting hot. So, subsequent pulls was making the engine more prone to knock. I think the Grimspeed is helping there now.

Yeah, your IAM is at 0.875. So it pulled a certain amount of timing across the board. And it is still removing additional timing at least in one cell. Your tuner knows you are getting tuned with 91 octane right? Look at that IAT of 136F btw :spin:

I also live in a dry and hot desert climate (110F right now) @ ~2700ft elevation. I have a VF52 (JMP) with a Grimspeed TMIC. Still in the process of working on my tune. But so far, when it is hot, my load only peaks around 2.6 g/rev @ 16-17 psi boost. When it gets cooler (e.g. 65-70F), I can reach 3.2 g/rev.

Another point, I was using the stock TMIC before and could tell that I needed to avoid doing several pulls one after the other; after the first pull, I think the TMIC was already getting hot. So, subsequent pulls was making the engine more prone to knock. I think the Grimspeed is helping there now.

That was 136° without running, just on the hot asphalt

Yep, cooler temps are a plus. Today it's only in the upper 60's, raining now. The wagon was so much peppier than earlier in the week, 95+ and humid. Again, I don't drive it as hard when it's that hot outside.

On the drive home from being, grandpa daycare at my son's, the wagon as well as me enjoyed the cooler temps. So refreshing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Just saying, my primary sump pump in the basement is currently cycling ever 55 seconds. It's been kind of rainy here in CT the past few weeks.

I have a back-up sump pump, next to the primary, and also have one in the hatchway. All 3 are on their own circuits and well be powered by the Generac Generator which will power the whole house.

It's not a dry heat around here...;)

When it does rain here, it’s usually a big deal. It’s like the ground doesn’t know what to do with the water and it’s a temporary flood. My first home in wyoming had two sump pumps but that house was cursed. Whole neighborhood was on an underground river and with big rain you’d wake up to 3” of water in the basement. Installed sump pumps and a damn pipe broke and it still flooded. It was high stress any time it rained

The stress is why I helped a buddy, Licensed Electrician install the standby generator back in 2013 after a couple back storms and losing power for day's.

Now we can sit here with AC working when power goes out and heat in the Winter time.

Sometimes the power will not go out for years... but when it does... :)