LegacyGT.com

Driver side door handle replacement?

This plastic part is so poorly made I wouldn't be surprised if all of us have suffered the vertical pull handle break. Any ideas on where to get this part without paying an arm and a leg? I've Googled all over but can't seem to find a good source.

To clarify, this is the part you grab with the rubberized grip to open/close the door - basically a vertical post.

Welcome to the club. I had my buddies body shop replace mine many years ago. I think it was like $125. painted and installed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Daaamn...literally 2 screws to just pull it out and the part itself can't be worth more than $5 manufactured. That's a F of a markup! This might motivate me to just make one out of wood, as if I have time for that...

Are you talking about the inside handle on the door ? Mine was the outside handle that is painted.

Any junkyard will have a handle for you. https://www.car-part.com/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The inside door pull is made up two parts, the handle itself that is clipped into the door panel and screwed to the door, and the trim cover piece that just snaps onto the handle.

I believe the handle for the driver's front door is part #94237AG07A, and the cover piece is #94237AG03B. I can find them for about $70 each, plus s/h. For some reason, the driver's side parts are more than 3x more expensive than the passenger's side parts....

Grip Handle: https://www.subarupartsforyou.com/oem-parts/subaru-grip-handle-94237ag07a

Handle Cover: https://www.subarupartsforyou.com/oem-parts/subaru-handle-cover-94237ag03b

Junkyards are a good option, if you can find parts in better condition than your own (with plastic, that may be a challenge), and it may be worth checking with your local dealer.

I'm highly allergic to paying stupid prices for cheap parts. I did find a pretty good deal on some used handles through eBay and got those as backup but after realizing that the handle was totally fine aside from the bottom hole being blown out, I simply got a $2 bracket at the hardware store and a washer. I cut the bracket with a Dremel and shaped it on my bench grinder for the bottom hole and used the washer as is for the top hole just to reinforce it. Glued in place with JB Weld and voila! No way this handle is going to fail now. I may even do the same thing to the other handles just to reinforce them.

IMG_0402.jpg.a651201bab82ec700a9e8b5b2548feba.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg.054b9adfad9642681b666d89051b8e18.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg.a9a95e6e6c819ed40276a41b61c4ae5b.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg.691878ea49a5adb9322043f36d27009f.jpg

Those prices are great! I bet even with shipping it's still a good deal compared to what I'm finding here in the US.

I've just order a whole console to have the Center Floor Armrest Console extends for 70€ including shipping costs.