LegacyGT.com

Been dreaming of a swap, and the timing is right. Questions inside.

Ok, so this hole gets deep quickly… I’m 8-10k plus on my “restoration” and I have not yet touched the engine bay… just don’t tell the wife.

But I’m going full ham on my build. Can you do this MUCH cheaper yes, but compromises will be made. I have just about every suspension bit you can add to the legacy, and 2k in brake upgrades. Because I plan to run 400hp and not have a death trap.

Not trying to scare you, just let you know $10k is not as much as it sounds when coil overs are $1600 and that is one part.

I have coilovers already. 10k was for the engine budget alone. I've already spent 2k or so this year upgrading everything that has given up over time. Mirrors, headlights, bumper.

My budget is flexible but I did some reading and found I can probably make the engine where I want it for around 10k. I realize the transmission will be the next to go, and I'm mentally prepared for that.

I've looked up a lot of brakes. And I will be getting 4pot wilwood for the fronts and 2pot for the rears.

The question on this thread was all about the motor originally and I was just curious about getting in something I've already invested into. I've tried to stay on topic as possible.

The suspension stuff is something I'm familiar enough with and spent enough time reading, to know where I want it to be. The budget moving forward for those bits hasn't really changed.

I'm sure by the end of this build likely to be atleast a year or so away will be well into the 20s as far as cash goes and I'm ok with that. I sat on this car and only replaced the failures for nearly 10 years and I'm ready for a project that I can take to a track, and autox events and be competitive and have fun. I did so on a mostly stock (aside from coilovers) subaru more than I care to admit and the engine has finally met her end.

edit: nevermind.

Edited by ekk1
lost train of thought