LegacyGT.com

Dash Cam cable routing

I’m looking into installing a dash am on my 2020 legacy with eyesight and a moon roof. However I cannot find any instructions on removing the overhead console and plastic around the eyesight cameras. Pleas help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I routed mine from the mirror along the edge of the windscreen over to the A- pillar, then down and into the 12v socket in the glove box.

There is enough flex in the headliner and plastic eyesight cover to tuck the cable into it. A- pillar cover just snaps off with some clips.

Over on SubaruOutback.org is a thread where they wired it directly into the overhead interior light/ sunroof wiring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I routed mine from the mirror along the edge of the windscreen over to the A- pillar, then down and into the 12v socket in the glove box.

There is enough flex in the headliner and plastic eyesight cover to tuck the cable into it. A- pillar cover just snaps off with some clips.

Over on SubaruOutback.org is a thread where they wired it directly into the overhead interior light/ sunroof wiring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So the wires stay above the eyesight camera when you tuck it into the plastic casing? That’s my concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to remove the plastic that covers the eyesight, there are two bolt/screws inside the glasses holder. Remove them, and carefully pry it off. I did that bc I have 2 dash cameras and wanted the wiring more secure when I added the 2nd one.