LegacyGT.com

Rear brake line replacement

Mr-C

So FML,

I waited 3-4 weeks to receive + install new GS rad hoses....old hose was ready to pop, glad I caught it in time!

Button up everything, purge the system....hit the brakes as I'm getting ready to back out of the garage and feel the pedal go straight down. Look under the car and see a puddle of brake fluid.

Looks like its at the rear splitter, not sure which line yet....looks like this is going to be a bitch of a job!

Anyone have any wisdom/advice to share before I start getting into it?

Just glad this happened at home and not on the road...someone is looking out for me :)

• 2 weeks later...
I would check with subaru, there was a TSB regarding this and they "coated" the rust with wax... Might be worth your while to try, I got mine completely replaced from the abs to the rear wheels.

Good Luck!

I also had leakage from the rear brake lines.Subaru denied any help. This really pissed me off since the independent shop said there was no evidence of rustproofing goo was applied at a factory recall. The independent shop replaced the lines with new brake lines fabricated to avoid putting them in harms way with another exposure to road salt etc. The fabricated lines also allowed replacement without dropping the fuel tank. Saved a lot of labor expense.