LegacyGT.com

How does this clutch look?

This is the 6 speed clutch pack I pulled from my STI parts car but have no idea if it was replaced recently or not. I'm planning to sell this and go with a new one but just looking at the contact surfaces it I can't really eyeball how much life it has left. Anyone have any good tips on checking a flywheel/clutch disk? Does the thickness wear noticeably?

20210526-231152.jpg

20210526-233156.jpg

20210526-233214.jpg

20210526-233317.jpg

20210526-233354.jpg

For the amount of labor involved...replace all pieces.

You know these cars don't respond well for taking the cheap way out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

For the amount of labor involved...replace all pieces.

You know these cars don't respond well for taking the cheap way out.

Well as I said I'm not planning to reuse them just seeing if they're any good and if I can sell them.

Those both look like trash. To check the disc you should use a dial caliper and measure the depth. The FSM has the tolerances.

The flywheel pictured appears to have cracks which makes it garbage.

Good point I'll take a closer look at whether those are actually cracks or just dirt. According to the PO this car was driving fine before it was in a rear end collision.

Man.. the responses that I get here sometimes make me think this place is Facebook. Let me seal this up for people who only read the post above theirs or 1 line of the original post. Maybe we can close this thread.

As I said in the 2nd sentence, there was never any intent to reuse these parts. Why people seem to think it's necessary to say "don't cut corners" or "don't take the cheap way out" is beyond me. The intent of this thread was to determine whether these were salvageable for resale. Why? Because this car had it's engine replaced 20k kms before it got totaled. If it had its clutch replaced at the same time it would be worth reselling. I've never looked at a partially used clutch. Mentioning things to look for like cracks in the flywheel - great advice! I missed that when I was looking at it. Telling me not to reuse used parts... :iam:

Man.. the responses that I get here sometimes make me think this place is Facebook. Let me seal this up for people who only read the post above theirs or 1 line of the original post. Maybe we can close this thread.

As I said in the 2nd sentence, there was never any intent to reuse these parts. Why people seem to think it's necessary to say "don't cut corners" or "don't take the cheap way out" is beyond me. The intent of this thread was to determine whether these were salvageable for resale. Why? Because this car had it's engine replaced 20k kms before it got totaled. If it had its clutch replaced at the same time it would be worth reselling. I've never looked at a partially used clutch. Mentioning things to look for like cracks in the flywheel - great advice! I missed that when I was looking at it. Telling me not to reuse used parts... :iam:

Give ya $30 you cover shipping.