LegacyGT.com

From Bugeye to LGT, The Journey Begins

You have my attention. so whats the cost of the 5MT built to the trans like this?

I got my 1-4 SC dogbox precovid, and the 5th gear post COVID. The current pricing for 1-4 with billet interlocker is $6838 (per ppg website). 5th gear dog is $1874. Cusco and ASD diffs are about $1200 each.

You are looking at $11k in parts. I think labor was around $2k (not sure).

I’m stubborn and loyal to my 5 speed to a fault. For most, it would be better to go 6 speed and get the DCCD, bigger everything (case, gears, diffs, axles, hubs, etc). If you do everything new for 6 speed, you’d spend about the same in parts (to include R180, drive shaft, axles, DCCD controller, new OEM STI trans) and probably more in labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my 1-4 SC dogbox precovid, and the 5th gear post COVID. The current pricing for 1-4 with billet interlocker is $6838 (per ppg website). 5th gear dog is $1874. Cusco and ASD diffs are about $1200 each.

You are looking at $11k in parts. I think labor was around $2k (not sure).

I’m stubborn and loyal to my 5 speed to a fault. For most, it would be better to go 6 speed and get the DCCD, bigger everything (case, gears, diffs, axles, hubs, etc). If you do everything new for 6 speed, you’d spend about the same in parts (to include R180, drive shaft, axles, DCCD controller, new OEM STI trans) and probably more in labor.

Thats not a bad price if your planning on keeping that care for life. I still plan on going STI 6 speed with all the goods. My shop can get me it installed out the door for around 4800, and I give them all my current parts. Plus the built the car and know it inside and out. My trams has 140k on it and runs great. So I will wait till it starts dieing out. I hope you get some big numbers out of this car.

• 5 weeks later...
Any updates? I'm nail-biting here in anticipation for a progress-report!

Lol. I stopped keeping track. The oversized supertech valves were delayed, and also had to wait in the xmembers from tssfab. It’s now looking at April time frame for completion. Race car problems right?

• 2 months later...