LegacyGT.com

Questions about 7th Gen vs 6th Gen

I currently have a 2016 Limited and will probably buy something new this fall , a 2022 of some make/model .

This is my first Subaru and I gotta tell you , I've enjoyed the heck out of it and feel just a bit like a traitor for replacing it :redface: . Perhaps you could say that I am comfortable with what works well for me .

SO , a new Legacy is def in the running for a replacement , probably an XT in a higher trim level .

My questions are -

Is the 7th Gen noticeably quieter then a 6th Gen ?

Is the 7th Gen noticeably better riding than a 6th Gen ?

As you might surmise , those are two characteristics of the 6th Gen than I think I want to upgrade , whether on a new Legacy , or if I must on a different make/model . And no , I don't want a $60K BMW or such ......

Any insight you can provide is much appreciated .

George

I currently have a 2016 Limited and will probably buy something new this fall , a 2022 of some make/model .

This is my first Subaru and I gotta tell you , I've enjoyed the heck out of it and feel just a bit like a traitor for replacing it :redface: . Perhaps you could say that I am comfortable with what works well for me .

SO , a new Legacy is def in the running for a replacement , probably an XT in a higher trim level .

My questions are -

Is the 7th Gen noticeably quieter then a 6th Gen ?

Is the 7th Gen noticeably better riding than a 6th Gen ?

As you might surmise , those are two characteristics of the 6th Gen than I think I want to upgrade , whether on a new Legacy , or if I must on a different make/model . And no , I don't want a $60K BMW or such ......

Any insight you can provide is much appreciated .

George

My opinion is "Yes" to both your questions, but you should really schedule a test drive and decide for yourself. Those are both pretty subjective questions (especially the second one). :)

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

You can turn the lane keeping function down gradually from full on to off but then it shows an annoying orange light on the dash.

I have it turned down so it just beeps very quietly and nothing else, also turned off the blinking "heads up display" yellow lights.

There is another 2 steps in between I believe, I'll take a pic of all the functions for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses.

I had an 2021 Outback loaner recently and was really irritated by the lane keeping software .

It seemed much more active than the lane departure on my 2016 Legacy .

Any thoughts on that ?

George

One thing to keep in mind is that the lane centering function in newer Subarus is designed for highways only. It will not work as well on anything else because it was programmed with fairly straight, wide lanes in mind. I'm not sure if this might have been what you were encountering or not. For me personally, once I found this out and stopped trying to use it on the country roads and around town and started only using it on the highways, I became a lot less frustrated by it. :-)

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015