LegacyGT.com

CAI and MAF sensor question

I'm looking into getting a KS Tech CAI for my 2005 Outback XT.

Here the link:

http://www.kstech.biz/legacy-gt-megamaf-73mm-big-maf-cold-air-intake-type-2/

I'm wondering if I'm going to need to get a bigger MAF sensor since the housing is so much larger than the factory housing.

I do my own tunning so I got that part covered I'm just wondering if it will max at my stock MAF sensor.

Thanks

Maxing out the MAF depends on your intake g/s not necessarily the size of the intake. Depending what other mods have been done, 73mm should be alright to scale.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ok, the only thing I haven't done to it is a turbo and I'm no where near making out the maf right now but that's probably because I'm on the stock intake box.

I imagine if a new maf was required they would state that on the website, but I just wanted to clarify

Sent from my SM-G770U1 using Tapatalk

What power level are you aiming for? Our MAF sensors are very sensitive to the slightest changes in air volume/density/dirt on the sensor and messing with the intake often causes more issues than it's worth. The factory intake moves a lot of air as well.

What power level are you aiming for? Our MAF sensors are very sensitive to the slightest changes in air volume/density/dirt on the sensor and messing with the intake often causes more issues than it's worth. The factory intake moves a lot of air as well.
I'm aiming for 450 whp, all I have left is a CAI and a big turbo. But I want to do the CAI now because I'm going to be renting a dyno soon and I want to get it dialed with this setup, because it's going to be awhile until I do the big turbo

Sent from my SM-G770U1 using Tapatalk