LegacyGT.com

What is the correct order for install of these parts? Parts going on today/tomorrow

Hi guys,

What is the correct order of installation for these parts? Everything is currently off the car except for the headers.

Here are the parts that need to go back on:

-ELH installed already.

-up pipe from GS

-VF52 IHI

-Stainless IAG turbo oil feed lines.

-Turbo Inlet Rev9

-BPV hose due to me tearing it. It’s a Samco

-EBCS and lines also GS

-DP with cat from CNT

-Cat back exhaust from SPT

-TMIC stock

I have all gaskets and clamps so I am ready to go.

Do I still run the plastic engine splash guard I am worried the heat from the headers will just cook it. I was told to avoid heat wrap due to maintenance and possible fire from any unknown future oil leaks.

Thanks in advance as I don’t want to remove and replace due to one damn vacuum line.

I don't have all those answers unfortunately, I just took my stuff apart for the first time. Haven't yet put back together again.

Looks like you've got some fun stuff to do though, I am interested in how the SPT cat back goes. I allllmost tried to buy one but they were pretty hard to find and I had second thoughts. Ended up going Borla.

I don't have all those answers unfortunately, I just took my stuff apart for the first time. Haven't yet put back together again.

Looks like you've got some fun stuff to do though, I am interested in how the SPT cat back goes. I allllmost tried to buy one but they were pretty hard to find and I had second thoughts. Ended up going Borla.

SPT works on the Sedan but not so well on the wagon. I had it already on the car when I bought it. I wish I had a Borla simply for the fact that it would not be melting my rear bumper cover. LOL!

I started with the turbo inlet, EBCS, vac lines and turbo oil feed lines, next is the up pipe and turbo. I’m not looking forward to lining up the inlet to the turbo.

I was not sure if I should do the inlet before the turbo? I might have to keep it loose for now.

I had to stop as it’s been a long day and patience is going to be in short supply.

Hi guys,

What is the correct order of installation for these parts? Everything is currently off the car except for the headers.

Here are the parts that need to go back on:

-ELH installed already.

-up pipe from GS

-VF52 IHI

-Stainless IAG turbo oil feed lines.

-Turbo Inlet Rev9

-BPV hose due to me tearing it. It’s a Samco

-EBCS and lines also GS

-DP with cat from CNT

-Cat back exhaust from SPT

-TMIC stock

I have all gaskets and clamps so I am ready to go.

Do I still run the plastic engine splash guard I am worried the heat from the headers will just cook it. I was told to avoid heat wrap due to maintenance and possible fire from any unknown future oil leaks.

Thanks in advance as I don’t want to remove and replace due to one damn vacuum line.

I would think the turbo inlet should be the next/first thing to go on, it's the most work.

Then oil lines,

up pipe

turbo, with new oil return hose

I would think you could figure the rest out. ;)

I would leave the turbo loose on the up pipe until you install the PITA throttle body hose, tmic bracket, get both ends of the tmic lined up and clamped then tighten the support bracket, then tighten the turbo on the up pipe.

It's well known I bolt the turbo to the up pipe, its easier to line up the inlet, oil return and up pipe at the same time.

It also makes it less work to get the up pipe out in the future without pulling the turbo.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

As long as your headers are not physically touching the undertray, I’d keep it and just put some Reflecta-Gold foil on the back side of the tray to keep from melting it. The tray apparently does help with air flow and cooling under hood. This or a skid plate from Primitive Racing, (that’s what I’m running on the Outback and the track car)

Thanks guys. I’ll get after it!

Max, I have the bolts and will do as you suggest with the turbo to up pipe.

One of the oil return lines for the PCV broke easily when I removed it. Also the turbo oil return line was very hardened after so many years so I replaced them.

I’ll get some reflectagold and apply it. Thanks Shralp!