LegacyGT.com

Driver side mirror fix?

I had a pvc pipe on my roof rack roll off during unloading and it fell on the mirror. The housing is cracked and the mirror didnt crack/shatter however it has come loose and now jiggles all the time.

Has anybody had a similar issue?

It seems like it will be a royal pain to get the assembly off to then try and fix...so looking for ideas before i attempt anything.

Thanks

You can purchase replacement housing pieces from Subaru (i.e. your dealer's parts department). They are inexpensive, but come unpainted.

If it's the entire housing that's now loose and rattling, TSB 12-195-15 may address that.

TSB_12-195-15_Side_Mirror_Loose_151214.pdf

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The mirror just snaps into its mount. First step would probably be to detach the mirror and inspect to see if the mirror, its attach points, and/or the mount itself are damaged. If you are lucky, the mirror may just snap snugly back in place.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I tried to push it back in a few times...nothing snapped in.

I can move it so that there is a gap i will be able to look in to hopefully see if broken or not.

Not looking forward to having to take it all apart as i am not confident it will separate to the fixable level vs replace it. Need to look a bit more...it was too cold to spend time messing with it.

Ammcinnis is right it’s real easy to take the mirror out to inspect the damage. When I added blue leds behind my mirror to take it out I used a flat head popping it out from the bottom. Needed some force to remove but here’s a pic of it out if that helps....

https://i.imgur.com/CUPuAOc.jpg

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

I tried to push it back in a few times...nothing snapped in.

I can move it so that there is a gap i will be able to look in to hopefully see if broken or not.

If you're going to be doing things like this yourself, you really ought to research the Factory Service Manual and applicable Accessory Installation Guides first. It's no fun breaking stuff you're trying to fix. See attachment.

6.14-GW_pp28-30_Mirror_Disassembly.pdf

spacer.png

Thanks for the info. I reviewed the diagrams and noted where i was to pry/push. I moved the mirror so i could see behind it better..i saw the clip spots and gave it a firm press and click! It went back in. I havent driven it yet but it seems to have done the trick.

Thanks