LegacyGT.com

2018 2.5i premium electrical issue

Our car was recently hit while in a parking lot. The other car hit our passenger mirror and collapsed the mirror into the glass of the door. This shattered the mirror glass and scratched the door glass a bit. Whoever hit us also took the back cap when they ran off. The main structure of the mirror is fine but the glass and back cap need to be replaced.

Prior to this incident the car was working flawlessly. Now we have some electrical issues. The key fobs do not work to lock/unlock/pop the trunk. The door buttons do work to lock/unlock but if we use the key to unlock the car it sets off the alarm. The interior lights have also stopped working.

On the damaged mirror there are several sets of wires that were connected to the glass/other things that are no longer connected in both the front and back. Due to a recent ice storm the repair places have about a month lead time before they can get the car in. Is there anything I can do before then to fix the key fob issue? Are those wires not being connected causing the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Some wires are for heat then there’s a set used for the lights on the upgraded model can we assume some wires might of got messed up and possibly shorted a circuit. I’d start by inspecting the wires for any breaks in the shielding ensure they are not touching if so electrical tape them. Then I’d prob check the fuses in the car. I know the one plug that’s normally hidden is the same circuit for dome light when unlock or open door. This also works with the dimmable rear view mirror.

Another thought if all else fails disconnect ur ground on the batt for the reset reconnect and you might get lucky.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

KJS2023 has the right idea IMHO.

There's a fair amount going on in that mirror assembly.

As it it FOB related (and based on your symptoms), it may be that the puddle light circuit has a short or open.

It is part of the interior light system and I believe it comes on with FOB proximity.

Check the exposed wires, check the fuses (Fuse No. 26 I believe).

You may want to try disconnecting the battery, disconnecting harness connector D15, reconnecting the battery, leaving D15 disconnected.

However... It may make the car more upset.

1875767067_RHMirror.thumb.jpg.eb268966c62de47fef3e4d31f2ccb3ae.jpg

942955860_InteriorLighting.thumb.jpg.2d934c1138889fbbcca99f454bbb76be.jpg

258345581_RHMirrorD15.thumb.jpg.e68c004101484fd6965021afccc8f505.jpg