LegacyGT.com

Michigan A Tale of Two Brand New Turbos

Here it is folks. As everyone knows, I've done a LOT of turbos for the LGT community and as promised, I'm now building SOME brand new Custom VF52 AND brand new Custom VF39 with all new parts.

Brand new Custom VF52 in Stealth Black VF52 SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD and Brand new Custom VF39 in Racing Red VF39 SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Brand new Inconel turbine/shaft assembly

Brand new Forged billet extended tip custom 11 blade compressor wheel-20%+ over stock setup and MUCH quicker spool than stock

Complete turbine/shaft/compressor wheel dual plane dynamically balanced

Upgraded and modified journal bearings

Upgraded and modified thrust plates and bearings

Upgraded piston ring oil seals

Brand new center bearing support housing

Brand new wastegate actuator

Brand new exhaust housing

Brand new stainless exhaust studs/nuts

Brand new VF52 compressor housing and Brand new VF39 compressor housing

Brand new coolant pipes and oil drain tube

Complete turbo installation instructions and I'm available for questions and advice during installation and break in.

Both of these turbos are absolutely complete and ready to install. The pricing on these is set right at $975.00 each shipped and paypal'd to your door in the CONUS.

These are identical in output and performance, just 2 different TMIC mounting options.

If you've been considering purchasing either a new VF52 or new VF39 from Subaru, you'll spend upwards of $1300.00 and that will get you a completely stock unit with the journal bearings that fail, piston ring seals that don't seal very well, and thrust plates that allow forward and back movement. And that's not to mention a cast 6 by 1/2 6 blade wheel that's heavy and slow to spool.

The VF39 (same as VF30, VF43, and VF48) is also an alternative for a lot of TMIC (Grimmspeed, etc.) and can make mounting a lot easier without needing the flange adapter.

Think about either of these if you are looking. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for looking and please don't hesitate to PM me.

John

1891886666_BrandnewVF39.jpg.a91ccb074c3dba62242f9e3a09bb0818.jpg

548500758_BrandnewVF522.jpg.9eb899a4b314d3ec126214a49a6ffe43.jpg

1623045314_BrandnewVF52andVF39.jpg.e308f1eb133644d565d59eebee9e5695.jpg

Edited by JmP6889928

Are these stock replacement (with stock TMIC & stock 07 Catless Up-Pipe)?

Is stock Down Pipe feasible?

If not, which Down-Pipe is recommended (for a 5EAT)?

Also, what SoCal tuner (or OTS Tune) is good?

Are these stock replacement (with stock TMIC & stock 07 Catless Up-Pipe)?

Is stock Down Pipe feasible?

If not, which Down-Pipe is recommended (for a 5EAT)?

Also, what SoCal tuner (or OTS Tune) is good?

The VF39 is pending right now, but the VF52 is stock placement using catless UP and while it can work with the OE DP, it will be fairly restrictive. If you can find a used 5EAT DP from Cobb, Invidia, etc., you'll be much better served.

You'll definitely need an AP and a tune. Dave at Cryontune does excellent e-tunes and you can find him in this community easily.

No worries. I'll be building more soon. Thanks so much for everyone's support and kind words. LegacyGT.com is without a doubt, the best enthusiast group of any car group on the internet and you all, the members, make it that way.

Thanks so much.

John

Absolutely. You'll need a tune for sure because it's the same as the Custom VF52 as far as output and that will run you very dangerously lean if you don't. Dave at Cryotune does excellent e-tunes and has worked with a lot of my turbos, both OE and Custom Style.

Absolutely. You'll need a tune for sure because it's the same as the Custom VF52 as far as output and that will run you very dangerously lean if you don't. Dave at Cryotune does excellent e-tunes and has worked with a lot of my turbos, both OE and Custom Style.

Ah. I don't see well and I looked back and saw it's not listed as like a vf40/46. I misread. Ok good to know.