LegacyGT.com

Question re: H3 bulbs (fog lamps) 2005 LGT

bluesuby

Rock Auto sent me an email advertising manufacturers closeouts. One item was replacement H3 bulbs specifically (among other cars) for my 2005 LGT Wagon. Since the bulbs were only a couple bucks each I ordered a pair. They arrived today and the packaging states they are 24 volt. No mention of wattage. I don't understand electricity very well, so I'm trying to figure out what will happen if I install them? Will the bulbs actually be dim compared to 12 volt oem bulbs because they are intended for a 24 volt system (truck or off road application) ? Or will they run hot and fry the fog light assemblies? As stated, no mention of wattage output. The part number is Wagner BP2470/H3 and the package does mention "auxiliary off road". Thank you all.

It will be dim, PM me I have some for sale if you like.

Thanks but they would be useless to me. A friend is big into off road vehicles and used military trucks. I am going to gift the two I have because one or more of his vehicles probably has a 24v system.

What pissed me off is RockAuto listed these under manufacturer close-outs in the Subaru Legacy section. They were only a couple bucks each but the return postage exceeds their cost. Advice for Rock Auto buyers....read the description very carefully. And of corse there's no way to communicate with Rock. No Phone. No email. Just a template on their problem web page which doesn't encourage conversation.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here