LegacyGT.com

Windshield class action lawsuit.. Anyone else get one in the mail?

Anyone can/ will file a lawsuit it they feel there is money to be made. It is the sad we are in this kind of world where lawsuits is now the go-to process.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I haven't had any windshield problems ...

Nor have I, after more than 6 years and ~52,000 miles.

Was a complete surprise to me.
Where have you been? In October, 2015 Subaru extended the warranty on windshields in all MY 2015 and early MY 2016 Legacys and Outbacks to 5 years/unlimited mileage. If you owned your car then, you received a letter direct from Subaru at that time. The warranty extension was limited to cracks within a specific area of the windshield; there was no additional coverage for cracks originating from impact damage.

This class-action lawsuit, if settled and approved by the court, would simply extend the limited windshield warranty to 8 years/unlimited miles.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

My 2019 is on the 3rd windshield, the car has 105,000 miles

The dealer paid for the first replacement at 35,000 miles. I paid for the 2nd at 60,000 miles and 3rd at 75,000 miles. For the 3rd and current windshield I told the dealer to install a non Subaru windshield as I think the factory glass is fragile, the smallest stone will chip it and a crack appears within hours. This non Subaru shield has taken some big hits and no chips, touch wood.

"We could never find a chip in that 1st windshield, it just cracked, starting by the base on the passenger side.

Edited by Limeymike