LegacyGT.com

Stainless steel lines for OBK 3rd gen

Hi guys,

I know this is Legacy forum :), I also know that many Outback owners are in here because lots of stuff is the same.

Trouble is that brake lines are indeed different with Legacy being shorter due to lower suspension ride.

So for people that changed the lines on Outback, what did you use?

Thanks

I have TechnaFits all around for my 2006 OB. It should be known they haven't been put on yet. It should also be known they'll be going on rear LGT calipers because I'm doing an entire brake swap. I have LGT-specific TechnaFits for the front ans OB-specific for the rear. In theory this should bolt up nice.

Hope this info could be of some use.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I wonder if you contacted one of the Vendors, and ask them for the length of the lines.

Have you reached out to m sprank yet ? I'm sure Mike would know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have TechnaFits all around for my 2006 OB. It should be known they haven't been put on yet. It should also be known they'll be going on rear LGT calipers because I'm doing an entire brake swap. I have LGT-specific TechnaFits for the front ans OB-specific for the rear. In theory this should bolt up nice.

Hope this info could be of some use.

Is your OBK lowered? I read you have to use OBK lines in the back even if you lower it. But not sure on the front. Asking because you plan to use LGT lines in the front.

My measurements with STI gold calipers show that even with big brakes the OEM OBK lines are long enough. The only issue is the rear caliper fitting shape.

Do the LGT rear lines have straight neck fitting?

I have a 2009 OBK.

I wonder if you contacted one of the Vendors, and ask them for the length of the lines.

Have you reached out to m sprank yet ? I'm sure Mike would know.

I know the length of the lines that I need - OEM OBK (I can post the measurements if someone needs them), and the type of fittings needed for STI calipers. I do not know if he knows the length of the lines for different kits on the market. Good to ask him anyway. Thanks!

You should be able to see the rear calipers from most any Auto Parts store web site, you can see the brake lines there too.

I'm sure the banjo fits at 90 degrees to the mounting surface. There are two metal tabs the line slots into, you may have to adjust those tabs sometimes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here