LegacyGT.com

How many miles did your car when new/new engine go before it started to burn oil?

I regularly check my oil in my wagon but have been a bit neglectful of it as of recent. It kept burning through a bit of oil here and there for the first thousand miles or so after a rebuild of the shortblock. Checked it today after maybe 800 miles and three weeks and not a drop of oil was missing. Hooray! How long can I expect that to last?

Don't play that game, keep checking it weekly depending on how much and how hard you drive it.

Don't fall into a false sense of security.

Check the PS fluid and coolant levels too.

How is your brake fluid, have you flushed the brake fluid in the last four years...?

Don't forget to keep an eye on the clutch fluid.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Don't play that game, keep checking it weekly depending on how much and how hard you drive it.

Don't fall into a false sense of security.

Check the PS fluid and coolant levels too.

How is your brake fluid, have you flushed the brake fluid in the last four years...?

Don't forget to keep an eye on the clutch fluid.

It was just a question out of curiosity. All fluids are new within the last two years/15K miles bar the PS fluid. It's getting darker but not a concern (yet).

I understand its just your curiosity kicking in. You should be fine till about 30,000 miles.

Yet the OEM engine in my Spec B with 94,000 miles barely uses oil in the 7000 miles oil changes.

THe wagon with the rebuilt heads and ej257 I think was around that 30 or 40,000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here