LegacyGT.com

Question. How to lock doors while warming car up ( Push Button Start )?

I have been warming my car up on cold days and I would very much like the ability to lock the doors while it is running.. I have tried to lock the doors, but have been unable to because I have the push start button option. I have even tried leaving one fob in the car and locking the doors with the other fob i have. Does anyone know of a trick to lock the doors while warming the car up? One thing I haven't tried is leaving the fob in the car and locking the door with the little key inside the fob.. I know there is a actual key hole on the hidden on the drivers side door under the handle, just like there is an actual key hole on the trunk lid... I assume the only other option would be to install a remote start? What is to stop someone from just driving the car away without the fob if it's running?

It didn't come with remote start? my '15 3.6R came with it. I thought there was just the one package with the '15 3.6R and remote start was included. I used it all the time until my daughter shot the car. I didn't bother to replace the parts needed for remote start.

I use this procedure when I don’t use my auto start feature:

1. Get in your car

2. Lock all doors with the button on the door panel.

3. Start the car

4. Manually unlock the driver door, open it, manually lock the drivers door

5. Use the removable key inside the fob to unlock the door when you’re ready to get in.

I’ve found it takes less time to do that than it takes me to wait for my car to shut off and allow me to restart it when I open the door with autostart running!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use this procedure when I don’t use my auto start feature:

1. Get in your car

2. Lock all doors with the button on the door panel.

3. Start the car

4. Manually unlock the driver door, open it, manually lock the drivers door

5. Use the removable key inside the fob to unlock the door when you’re ready to get in.

I’ve found it takes less time to do that than it takes me to wait for my car to shut off and allow me to restart it when I open the door with autostart running!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome sauce.. I knew there had to be a way.

I have been warming my car up on cold days and I would very much like the ability to lock the doors while it is running.. I have tried to lock the doors, but have been unable to because I have the push start button option. I have even tried leaving one fob in the car and locking the doors with the other fob i have. Does anyone know of a trick to lock the doors while warming the car up? One thing I haven't tried is leaving the fob in the car and locking the door with the little key inside the fob.. I know there is a actual key hole on the hidden on the drivers side door under the handle, just like there is an actual key hole on the trunk lid... I assume the only other option would be to install a remote start? What is to stop someone from just driving the car away without the fob if it's running?

Aftermarket or factory remote starter ?

It didn't come with remote start? my '15 3.6R came with it. I thought there was just the one package with the '15 3.6R and remote start was included. I used it all the time until my daughter shot the car. I didn't bother to replace the parts needed for remote start.

Remote start has never been standard equipment even with the 3.6R Limited.