LegacyGT.com

Windshield

I would check to see if your replacement is OEM or aftermarket. I never had any trouble with either but Subaru will tell you never go aftermarket due to Eyesight and calibration. Or at least my dealer (finance) made a big deal out of it at the point of sale. Mostly because they sell a package to cover it. My last windshield was aftermarket and no issues at all.

I would check to see if your replacement is OEM or aftermarket. I never had any trouble with either but Subaru will tell you never go aftermarket due to Eyesight and calibration. Or at least my dealer (finance) made a big deal out of it at the point of sale. Mostly because they sell a package to cover it. My last windshield was aftermarket and no issues at all.

The new windshield is definitely aftermarket. Looks fine only they weren’t able to calibrate the Eyesight system and the cabin seems louder to me. If OEM is in fact acoustic glass, then I’ll have to insist on having it replaced with OEM glass. Thx.

The new windshield is definitely aftermarket. Looks fine only they weren’t able to calibrate the Eyesight system and the cabin seems louder to me. If OEM is in fact acoustic glass, then I’ll have to insist on having it replaced with OEM glass. Thx.

Can you clarify what you mean by "they weren’t able to calibrate the Eyesight system"? Were you able to have it calibrated at the dealer?

The aftermarket glass is probably less likely to crack vs the OEM. My windshield has a crack in it from a tiny pebble so I'd take a bit more noise over that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Where is the science? It is just knee jerk opinion with no data to substantiate you proclamation.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Where is the science? It is just knee jerk opinion with no data to substantiate you proclamation.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

From living in Northern British Columbia and smashing various oem windshields over the years and the aftermarket windshields always hold up better.

The pebble that cracked my 2020 almost didn't make a sound vs some bigger stones in aftermarket glass only causing a small bullseye.

Head on over to subaruoutback.org to read about lots of OEM cracked windshields and then all of the sudden none when replaced with aftermarket.

There is a class action law suit as well, the 2020s were just added to it.

So your data is ?????. Again, just heresay. But that what the internet is for... right... just statements, opinions and find like minds(posts) to support your position which is suppose to be legitimate data.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Lol someone is a little cranky, got some Carlex stocks, eh?

"According to court documents, Subaru issued a technical bulletin to its dealers describing the alleged defect in its windshields. Plaintiffs in the case say replacement windshields for Forester, Outback, Crosstrek, Legacy and Impreza models are not fixing the problem and contend the defect prevents "the safe and proper operation" of technology intended to prevent collisions."

Can you clarify what you mean by "they weren’t able to calibrate the Eyesight system"? Were you able to have it calibrated at the dealer?

Safelite wasn’t able to calibrate the Eyesight system when they replaced the windshield. Not acceptable to the carrier. The policy requires repair or replacement to be good as new, so the car is scheduled for a new OEM windshield and calibration Thursday.

Safelite wasn’t able to calibrate the Eyesight system when they replaced the windshield. Not acceptable to the carrier. The policy requires repair or replacement to be good as new, so the car is scheduled for a new OEM windshield and calibration Thursday.

I don’t remember if it was a Safelite guy or not but I saw a neighbor’s car having its windshield replaced and I went to speak to the tech. I asked about Eyesight calibration since I had read other posts about possible issues. He knew what I was talking about and said after a replacement a dealer would have to do the calibration. He did explain why it might be a problem after the windshield is replaced, I’m not certain I understood completely but it did give me the impression that the whole process would be best handled by a dealer if possible.

I don’t remember if it was a Safelite guy or not but I saw a neighbor’s car having its windshield replaced and I went to speak to the tech. I asked about Eyesight calibration since I had read other posts about possible issues. He knew what I was talking about and said after a replacement a dealer would have to do the calibration. He did explain why it might be a problem after the windshield is replaced, I’m not certain I understood completely but it did give me the impression that the whole process would be best handled by a dealer if possible.

They have the calibration equipment equipment, but will tell you that they still might have to coordinate with the dealer if for some reason they’re not able to calibrate the eyesight system. Which is what happened with my 2020 TXT.