LegacyGT.com

New software coming out

In case you missed it there is new software to put a auto start/stop toggle button on the main screen: https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/2020-outback-software-gigathread.517684/page-183#post-6046870

Supposedly Subaru will be contacting everyone to have the dealership do the install. Those who can't wait can find the files and instructions in that thread.

This would be welcome. I am writing my dealer as we speak to see if this is verifiable from their aspect. Let's hope so.

Most dealers will tell you they do not install software updates unless you have an issue. Others found before that only telling them the head unit was rebooting, or going black or CarPlay didn’t work, or some other issue that would cause them to check software. It took months after the release of 504 before most dealers were even aware of it. It’s best to just wait for a service interval to mention it unless you actually are having an issue that you’re bringing it in for.

I agree. I have not heard anything and have inquired a few times. I can push it as I know them pretty well and have one guy I work with but you are right, they don't seem to be aware when updates are available. My issue has been I can't seem to get the update- "server not available" pops up.

If this is really out there, I want it. Auto stop is annoying at best. Especially at certain times. But regardless, I want to apply any infotainment type updates and I can't seem to get them from the web.