LegacyGT.com

Retrofitting Heated Steering Wheel

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has looked into retrofitting a HEATED steering wheel to replace their non-heated steering on a 2020+ model.

I know this was discussed by a couple people in the 2015-2019 forum, but the main issue was the fact that it'd have to be retrofitted with an Outback steering.

However, now that the higher trim Legacy has a heated wheel, would the replacement be any easier?

For anyone asking, obviously, buying a limited trim with the standard heating wheel would be the better option. I'm just thinking out loud here (and might consider doing it if it's easy enough.....)

Here is the thread, doesn't look like it's an easy solution: https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/adding-heated-steering-wheel-to-onyx-xt.517257/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Huh. Thanks for the link!

Funny enough, the Outback thread was inactive for almost a whole year, only to come back alive 8 days ago. Guess I'm not the only one seeing snow and thinking about my steering wheel :lol:

I know this does not help but for what it is worth, the heated wheel works outstanding. I have used it a ton already. My Lexus had it but at 10 and 2. This one seems heated from 2 thru the bottom and back up to 10. Meaning only the very top stays cool. I also like where they placed the switch. Can't be much more ergonomic than that....