LegacyGT.com

Kouki Rear Tail Lights not Plug and Play on 07

Hi guys, I bought some Kouki tail lights for my 07 wagon. They came with the wiring harness attached from Japan. Sadly this is not plug and play. Last night I removed the rear side panels to access the plug and it’s a different plug. I guess my only option is to cut and connect JDM bulb housing and wires, or file down the USDM bulb housing to make it work. This is more of an FYI than a cry for help, unless I missed something? Things changed a bit in the 07 compared to 05-06. I would hate for others to go through the hassle of needlessly pulling apart the interior to access a plug that doesn’t work. Picture for reference.

Did you try plugging the USDM bulbs/sockets into the kouki tail light housing?

On my '05(and I would have assumed the same for later years) the USDM bulbs/sockets fit directly into the kouki tail lights. The only difference between the 2 was the parking light on the USDM harness isn't used on the JDM tails so just remove the bulb and wrap it good in electrical tape to tuck it away somewhere.

Did you try plugging the USDM bulbs/sockets into the kouki tail light housing?

On my '05(and I would have assumed the same for later years) the USDM bulbs/sockets fit directly into the kouki tail lights. The only difference between the 2 was the parking light on the USDM harness isn't used on the JDM tails so just remove the bulb and wrap it good in electrical tape to tuck it away somewhere.

That's exactly what I did. Didn't get one with JDM sockets or wiring.

There will be one tab on one of the sockets that will need to be trimmed if I remember correctly, but it still holds fine (has for 3-4yrs now)

I agree with the others, plug the existing bulbs/sockets into the JDM lenses, don't do anything with the wiring.

The turn signals need to have the tabs filed off the socket for them to fit in the JDM lens and you won't have a running light in the rear anymore. Just tape up the running light socket.