• Once every month-and-a-half
    • Once every 2 months
    • Once every 6 months
    • Once a year
    • I am the master - never stalled!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my foot has been lazy a few times though when i would try to upshift and not push the clutch all the way in and grind the gear a little bit. wakes you up in a jiffy.

Me too -- it also happens when I lazily move the shifter just past neutral, and let the clutch out, expecting it to slot right into gear. The Audi made me lazy that way, because it would go into gear so easily. With the LGT, I have to be more precise.

how many of you have tried to release the clutch in 1st gear with the lights on, radio on, and the ac on? I thought that the car was supposed to ooze foward then let off the clutch completey and the car will move foward, but there are times when I do this, and the car just stalls. tell me what i';m doing wrong!

Damit I feel left out, I'm gonna have to go stall now ;)

I have Radio, Nav, Disc changer, Stock unit, halo's, 2 amps, sub, HIDs and heat on.. all be'n powered still never had a problem. Sounds like you are letting of the clutch at too low of RMP's look before you stall next time, my guess is you are around 1.5k or so....don't let off the clutch until 2k or above that still might be boarderline...2.5k and you'll never stall.....next time I hop in the car I'll see how Low rpm's I can take off at without stalling.....

how many of you have tried to release the clutch in 1st gear with the lights on, radio on, and the ac on? I thought that the car was supposed to ooze foward then let off the clutch completey and the car will move foward, but there are times when I do this, and the car just stalls. tell me what i';m doing wrong!

What are your RPMs at? And try easing the clutch out a little more slowly.

I stalled yesterday after taking my usual morning roundabout very fast in the rain and had to stop quickly because some wus in a Festiva was stopped in the middle of the roundabout. Too much off-throttle oversteer and rotational interia for me and the RE92s to deal with (and not enough practice--I know I suck).

Anyway it caused me to stall. Otherwise I've stalled twice since I had the car (6 mos).

when I start, the car is in 1st gear, and I just let off the clutch without the gas pedal, this way you get the smoothest slowest start, like in stop and go traffic, but it seems that sometimes it stalls.

I think the rpms are around 600rpms

You're bogging the engine with that much stuff running. I never start moving that way, I always give it a little gas, and if I have the AC running usually a bit extra.

stalled probably 5 times in the first 2 days of driving. Now I am used to it (after a week) and haven't stalled since then.

This is coming from a 00 RS most recently that I can't ever remember stalling. I used to always take off between 1k and 1.5k rpm now with the lgt, it is more like 1.5-2k. Still working on the smooth takeoff without bog/stall or clutch slip. This is a very touchy clutch (or something) for sure.

________

Buy vaporizers

Use a bit more throttle.

If you get a jerky start, you're not smooth enough with the clutch. Then again, if you can successfully get going from a stop without using throttle, then your clutch control is probably pretty good. :)

when I start, the car is in 1st gear, and I just let off the clutch without the gas pedal, this way you get the smoothest slowest start, like in stop and go traffic, but it seems that sometimes it stalls.

I think the rpms are around 600rpms

Definitely an odd clutch, even without turbo. Worse when you're trying to keep the revs down for the 1st 1000 mi (I'm not doing particularly well at that)...

We've got it on the list for when we return to the dealer for a new door speaker & sunglass cubby.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I stall once or twice a month. I can modulate the clutch without throttle in stop and go traffic, but starting off on a green light I need to get off a little quicker so I have to give it some gas. Unfortunately, modulating the throttle is not easy on this car. I try not to go over 2K RPM. Ideally, I'd like to be no higher than 1500 to start off in 1st gear, but I can't get that fine on the throttle. Hope I'm not killing my clutch.

Archived