LegacyGT.com

Software Map Update - 11/13/20

Hey guys I have a 21 so probably no update needed but when you guys are performing this are you just parked in your driveway and connected to your home wifi network?

I see the wifi selection on my car menu and I hope this is the tech they use vs say USB...'

Thanks!!!!

Hey guys I have a 21 so probably no update needed but when you guys are performing this are you just parked in your driveway and connected to your home wifi network?

I see the wifi selection on my car menu and I hope this is the tech they use vs say USB...'

Thanks!!!!

I’ve not seen any indication that over the air, either wifi or hotspot, map updates are available at this time. The previous map update installed on my Legacy in less than 30 minutes by usb. I just took a long drive and let it install, no issues. However we also updated my wife’s Outback Onyx which is still on the 502 software and the map update took 90 minutes. We took a very “looong” drive! If an OTA update becomes available it will offer a selection of regions to download rather than all of North America. So to get the entire map version you’ll need to use usb. But that was simple using the Map Updater software that can be downloaded from Subaru to your computer.

I even used the same usb drive that I used last time for the new update. It walks you through the process and will also delete what’s on the usb so it can install the new version.

Thanks.. Dealer told me that Subaru is working on a OTA (over the air) update process. And quite frankly, this is not exactly high tech, companies have been doing it for years. But anyway...

Is there a spot to check your status or do you just wait for an email?

Thanks.. Dealer told me that Subaru is working on a OTA (over the air) update process. And quite frankly, this is not exactly high tech, companies have been doing it for years. But anyway...

Is there a spot to check your status or do you just wait for an email?

Just go to this web site and create an account. I used my MySubaru user name and password to create my account. You’ll then get emails about new updates and can download the Map Updater application from there to install on a computer so you can download and install any future updates onto a usb drive.

If over the air map updates ever become live you can connect your Starlink system in your car to wifi or your phone’s hotspot and check under the Navigation tab for any updates. Then you should get the option to download whatever specific regions you want to install. That process was supposed to be available in September but there’s been no further word so I wouldn’t be waiting for it.

Using the Map Updater application took just under an hour for the download and installation onto my usb drive. That will vary according to your internet connection. The actual installation in the car took less than 30 minutes. We went for a drive and picked up some take out food while it installed.

https://subaru-maps.com/#/auth/sign-in

Edited by Jp1975

Looks like my map versions don't match so I'll update. I did register thank you....

Actually when I open map updater, I try to log in and get "server error, check your connection". My connection is fine.....

Edited by Ronin3.6R

Looks like my map versions don't match so I'll update. I did register thank you....

Actually when I open map updater, I try to log in and get "server error, check your connection". My connection is fine.....

I was browsing the Subaru Outback forum and saw a few posts similar to yours, all involved Windows computers, I have a mac and didn’t have a problem. There may be some setting on your computer that is affecting this.

I was browsing the Subaru Outback forum and saw a few posts similar to yours, all involved Windows computers, I have a mac and didn’t have a problem. There may be some setting on your computer that is affecting this.

Thank you. Yeah, I'm stuck. Not sure even who to call as it's probably my issue. The PC works great and the error makes no sense as my connection is fine. I'll try another laptop or see if my dealer can help me out..

Subaru.png.1f4eef3936030c62b44c9798652f91e4.png