LegacyGT.com

2010 GT revs like the clutch is still in past 1/4 throttle

Im going to be honest here. If the OP didnt know this was a classic sign of clutch slip they probably arnt going to be replacing the clutch themselves.

This is my 3rd can and second manual. I've never had a clutch go out but I have replaced one because I blew the first engine in my first car, replaced the clutch when I put the second engine in and the clutch that was in there when I got it was still good we just replaced it so we didnt have to pull the motor for a little while longer and I blew the second engine before the new clutch went out. I was 18 and 20 when those two engines blew due to a lack of oil. If I currently lived where I did then I might give it a try but I only have a gravel driveway to work on it and I'm not to inclined to do that, I also still have a warranty from the dealership I bought it from but ai doubt they cover clutch repair

Pulling the engine is so much less work on your back, IMO. The side mounts on the trans are a huge pain to get off, and they are fine threaded bolts that need to be removed with a wrench due to location. I can pull the engine in a little more than an hour, and you don't have to worry about supporting the trans.

A gravel driveway is going to make doing the clutch a very difficult job to do. I would try going back to the dealer you bought it from. What is worst they are going to say? No.

Problem with taking it to the dealership I bought it from is that they are 3 hours away and I only have one day off a week.