LegacyGT.com

turbo laggg

One of the first things we want to verify is there are on boost leaks.

another is to make sure the MAF sensor is clean. Just remove the two small screws, pull it up, give it a short spray of MAF cleaner, let it dry and put it back in.

A boost leak test, if you have a air compressor, you'll want to plug the tube coming off the air filter box, I found a pint size paint can works fine for that, pull the small hose off the blow off valve on the tmic. Give that hose a short blast of air from the compressor, put your thumb over the hose, listen for leaks from a vacuum hose.

We zip tie all the hoses.

Can't think of any other free things.

Others with more smarts then me will chime in soon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Stock car?

Max - Clogged uppipe?

Oh dear, that could be...

Also make sure you do not over oil the air filter, that will get the MAF dirty.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Thinking about it..

On a NA car there is no more power when the cat is clogged...

So on a turbo car, with catted up pipe... the flow of gases is slowed... until enough pressure builds...and is able to overcome the restriction...?

My problem was that the wastegate was hung open. So the boost was bleeding off. Had to disconnect the downpipe to free it up. Another symptom was a rattle sound at idle. I thought it was a heat shield but it was actually the wastegate puck rattling.