LegacyGT.com

Waiting on an XT Touring Legacy?

Just a little FYI. When I complained that turbo Legacys were like hens teeth, (I want to test drive one but there are none around here) it was shared with me there may not be any available for some time. It seems the manufacturer of the turbo went out of business and so far Subaru hasn't sourced another.

In a nutshell SIA has zero turbos so can't build the car.

Damn.

Yes.

They build way more Outbacks than Legacys and currently run about 380-400 cars per shift counting all models. The number of OB's out there vs Legacys doesn't surprise me. Count on the number of turbo OB's to decline with no resupply. 1000 units across how many websites? Nationwide? That's not a lot of cars, depending on perspective.

Supply is still good at the moment, relatively speaking. Maybe something with your area? Searching autotrader.com shows 140 2021 Legacy XT's (most "on order") and 70 2020s. I remember looking last year and only seeing 60.

"On order" doesn't count as the car doesn't exist yet, it's merely a wish on paper. As I said, might take a while.

I’ve never seen “on order” on a dealer web site. Only”in transit” which means it does exist and is on the way to the dealer lot. If they’re in transit then the factory must still be cranking them out, you’ll just have to find one you want or wait. My initial order was placed on January 20, I wanted a black Limited Legacy XT, black interior, trunk spoiler, the upgraded interior LED lights and mirror, door scuff protector and the rubber trunk liner. At that time pre-Covid I was given a May delivery estimate. Once Covid hit this turned into July 28 delivery.

But beginning in the summer I saw a lot of Touring XTs available which I didn’t want. So if you want something specific you will probably have to wait, they do make more Tourings than Limiteds from what I can tell so you could work out a deal on one more quickly but you’ll have no choice on interior.

Using Cars.com in a 500 mile radius from my location near Baltimore I found 111 XTs, a mix of Touring and Limiteds, 2020s and 2021s. Found more Limiteds than I expected. Anyway you should have no problem getting one, you just may have to compromise on a few things.

Edited by Jp1975
Spelling