LegacyGT.com

What is behind the flywheel?

See post # 12 above. I gave the shop the old bolts too.

Found one, from April 2012, after 85,000 miles with a Spec 2+ clutch.

DSCN4720.thumb.JPG.f84075f252e524f358362ccdf480e9a5.JPG

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK, move along, nothing to see here. My former Navy and Air National Guard machinist friend came by and used my tools to make it look easy. He did use a hammer to seat the bit into the bolt head, though, which I was hesitant to do - first, do no harm! Eight bolts out, flywheel off, ready to proceed with 6MT installation.

OK, move along, nothing to see here. My former Navy and Air National Guard machinist friend came by and used my tools to make it look easy. He did use a hammer to seat the bit into the bolt head, though, which I was hesitant to do - first, do no harm! Eight bolts out, flywheel off, ready to proceed with 6MT installation.

That’s what I wanted to hear

Once you get those horrid torx bolts out, throw them away!

I always tell people to get the normal bolts subaru sells, which work just fine and you can use a normal socket to get them out instead of all this silly nonsense, I went through this once and I told myself never again.

part number 800210660.

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__/Clutch-Flywheel-Bolt/49286276/800210660.html

I'm pretty sure they work with the dmfw, lwfw is better anyway.

Edited by Tehnation