LegacyGT.com

2013 legacy condensation flood. What is module under passenger seat

Friday on the way to Myrtle Beach my condensation tube plugged up and flooded the carpet on the right side of the car. It was enough to hear it sloshing before I knew what was going on. I vacuumed out about a gallon of water I suspect there may be another gallon or two under the carpet between the front and the back and the center on that side. The computer module under the right seat seems to have been sitting in about a half an inch to an inch of water. There was water dripping out from the AC fan at one point. .

It’s going to the shop today to get dried out.

I lost all the audio source’s sound except the screen is still intact And shows the source is playing. It has navvy. All the warning lights for the safety features on the dashboard lit up for ABS collision avoidance traction control and brakes. The cooling fan started to make noise under the dash and the AC now works intermittently. The fan seems to start out on high and then gradually slows down and stops totally and if I turn the AC off for a while it’ll start up again.

I was able to blow out the tube with air so it’s draining properly now I was able to blow out the tube with air so it’s draining properly now.

I assume all or most of these things are controlled by the module under the passenger seat or there are wire connectors under the carpet on the right side they got wet and shorted out.

The car starts and drives normally.

The box under the seat is the amplifier for the sound system.

If you had a LOT of water, there's a chance it could reach the connector for the seat airbag and cause that light. The rest are likely just to get your attention because of the airbag light.

I had the same problem about a month ago and sucked out a little over two gallons, but it wasn't enough to reach my amp or any other wiring, so you probably have a lot more.

Ouch.. can either of you take a pic of this drain your referring to? I’d like to clear mine out before this happens, as I’ll be upgrading that amp under the passenger seat in the future.

Yeah, photo won’t upload but pan is behind console and tube exits just to the right of the console by the passenger’s left toes. You have to pop some trim to pull the carpet back in the upper left corner.

The tube just pulls right off and pushes right on. It’s very flexible.

The box under the seat is the amplifier for the sound system.

If you had a LOT of water, there's a chance it could reach the connector for the seat airbag and cause that light. The rest are likely just to get your attention because of the airbag light.

I had the same problem about a month ago and sucked out a little over two gallons, but it wasn't enough to reach my amp or any other wiring, so you probably have a lot more.

Yikes. The airbag light was one of the few to stay dark. As I vacuumed water out at the amp, it would fill back up. Car was parked level. I’m using Allstate’s preferred shop for the dry out if I can so there’s no argument later if I get mold. I can take it to Subaru later for electrical diagnosis back in the Burg if need be.

Update, the people at Hadwin-White were very nice but apologized that they were unable to dry out the backing foam completely due to humidity and despite 3 rounds in the paint drying booth. They wrapped it up and put it in the trunk. It is now drying out in my garage.