LegacyGT.com

95 Legacy doors lock but do not unlock

I have a new to me 95 Legacy. When I stick the key in and turn all the doors will lock but when I turn the key to unlock, only the drivers door will unlock. I searched on a couple forums but could not find the same problem I am having. Does anyone know where to start? My first go was going to remove the door panel and have a look at the lock/unlock mechanism on the drivers door. Any help is much appreciated.

Do you have an lock/unlock button on the drivers door? Does that behave both ways?

If that works but not the key, then it's the switch in the door for the key that's probably bad. If the switch behaves the same way then it's probably wiring between door and chassis.

453747.png

I do not have a lock button on the driver's door. I think I may ja e figured it out. Behind the passenger air vent there is a door lock timer unit. Little black box attached to a hanger. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the doors started working for a bit. Eventually they stopped again and I could hear the unit clicking. I went ahead and ordered a new one. I'll let you guys know if that fixes the issue once replaced.