LegacyGT.com

Clutch sticking

I bled it at the clutch slave I believe. Do you need to bleed it in 2 places? I just bled it by the valve right on top of the tranny between the engine/tranny.

It shifts and drives, its just that when I push it to the floor it doesn't spring back up all the time, but it will come up on its own, just feels weird.

damnit.... whats the easiest way to install the tsk3 kit? Moving the tranny back? I do not want to pull the engine again...

I had it before the engine rebuild, pulled it after when I realized I didn't have a new oversized tob when I was reinstalling, I actually pulled the motor again and had time to do it, but it completely slipped my mind.... so I just used what came with the clutch.

Guess I need to go find out who has my tranny jack....or would it be faster to just pull the engine away just a little, would have to dump coolant...again.

Yeah, rebleed again.

You know that TSK3 kit, it's nice but I don't think the bearing is that high quality actually.

I had an issue with my kit, which could have been user error. Essentially, the sleeve came loose on mine and was moving around with the TOB. That was the cause of my weird engagement point which happened all of the sudden.

Anyway, yeah, rebleed and check. If no fix, then not too sure.

Yeah, rebleed again.

You know that TSK3 kit, it's nice but I don't think the bearing is that high quality actually.

I had an issue with my kit, which could have been user error. Essentially, the sleeve came loose on mine and was moving around with the TOB. That was the cause of my weird engagement point which happened all of the sudden.

Anyway, yeah, rebleed and check. If no fix, then not too sure.

In my research I've found references that a throwout bearing from an 86-99 Celica is the same size as the tsk3 bearing. You can get an SKF bearing that should be pretty good quality. SKF N4087 is a part number that should work.

if you order a TSK3 kit, make sure you can return it.

My wagon doesn't have one.

I do have a tranny jack if you need to borrow it.

DSCN6629.thumb.JPG.e65a839af4364d4cfe2f4b62e57eac5a.JPG

I think your problem has been discussed here before, have you asked "google "

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

In my research I've found references that a throwout bearing from an 86-99 Celica is the same size as the tsk3 bearing. You can get an SKF bearing that should be pretty good quality. SKF N4087 is a part number that should work.

Rhino, you always find good alternative options for our platform. Thanks for sharing.

Rhino, you always find good alternative options for our platform. Thanks for sharing.
Haha. Thanks! I just like to research I guess. I also just found the correct pins for doing the steering wheel controls. My current setup isn't working correctly all the time and I suspect it's because the lins aren't correct when you swap them to the green connector. I like things to function like oem.

Nice. I have my steering wheel controls hooked up to a little interface (joycon exr) which goes with my Nexus 7. Never used to have steering wheel controls before though. Been working great for the past 3-4 years now. Wow time flies!

Back to clutches and TOB though :spin: