LegacyGT.com

car alarm randomly goes off

So I finally got my motor back in my car, again, starts and runs.... good enough, but thats another saga. Now my car alarm just randomly goes off. Any ideas? I thought I was hitting the panic button but my keys were laying on the table so it couldn't have been that. I read that it maybe some sensitivity thing that you need a dealership ssm to adjust. Does the 2005 lgt have such a setting? And if so can I adjust it usee FreeSSM ? Or do I need dealership SSM? This is a pita... had to disconnect the battery. The car has been sitting for 3 years so god knows what gremlins have been festering.

Not really familiar with our alarm systems, but if it has a hood latch sensor I would assume that could possibly be having intermittent issues. I know some manufacturers have had issues with hood triggers having bad grounds over time and people have just unplugged them or shorted the pins on the connector depending on the signal required. Other than that I don't know what else is monitored other than door triggers.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Have you tried reconnecting the immobilizer? These cars seem to have some sensitivities regarding those when the battery is removed from the car or is left to go flat. A lot of modern cars will sound the alarm if you jump them.

? Not sure what you mean, I don't think I disconnected it. My key fob still works. How would I reconnect it? I did have the battery on a charger for a bit, but it started happening after I disconnected it. Edited by Tehnation

I wanna say the immobilizer is in the fuse box. Just unplug it and plug it back in. When Wilsonville Subaru did the airbag recall on my car and disconnected the battery for an hour or two to do it, both my key fobs stopped connecting to the car. I brought it back and they reset the immobilizer, which solved everything. Thinking it could be something for you to look into.

hmm my keys were in my pocket, and while i was working on it, it went off, but I was also messing around in the front passenger side of car near intake, so I'm not sure what did it. I couldn't set it off again, I tried slapping the crap out of the body and nothing. I then hit the panic on purpose and noticed that it may be a different sound pattern. Is the regular alarm different from the panic alarm? I can't remember the first alarm that went off, but it didn't sound like the panic alarm when I hit it. The panic seems to have a faster tempo.