LegacyGT.com

Centre console USB port part

Does anyone know what part the centre console USB would be? And what sort of connection is it behind the port? Is it a pigtail male connector or is it made to run all the way back to the stock stereo?

I'm looking to add one to hook my aftermarket stereo's USB port to for a seamless looking install.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I took the trim apart on my car to see if this was doable and I figured it would be easiest to just route something like this through the shifter trim. The challenge would be in not pinching the shit out of the cable and causing connectivity issues. Then you can drill holes in the center console near the cigarette lighter and route the cables from space shared by the parking brake. I believe you'd have fitment issues of the USDM cupholder space if you routed a cable underneath them.

I'd think it would be much easier to route something through the factory front cigarette lighter instead, but up to you ultimately.

I'm completely blanking on everything right now. But the dude who does the radio wiring. Svxdc? He makes a pigtail connector that'll go from the USB to an rca connecting for an aftermarket radio. I bought one for my install but then never got to the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah bugger it looks like in that link there is no factory USB port so that's silly of me. Thanks guys.

I've got the female end coming out the blanking plate where aux would be so it's tucked away nicely.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk