LegacyGT.com

Passenger Airbag Recall Work Completed: Radio Broken?

Hi,

I had a Subaru dealership complete the TKC-20 recall passenger front airbag work today. Unfortunately, after driving away, I noticed my radio wasn't working properly. The FM channels we're barely picking up, and the AM channels were all white noise. Any idea what the problem is?

The dealership said they look at it tomorrow morning (which is a huge pain, but alas). If anyone thinks I can fix this at home tonight, that would be huge! The mechanic on the phone felt something might have been "unplugged and not plugged back in" when they took the dash off.

Thanks!

It's likely a ground somewhere, or yeah just a basic harness plug. I had my 12 Outback done recently, they didn't screw that one up.

First 06 LGT I had when they were new, the radio was borked from the factory. the grid built into the rear window was wrong - it took a lot of work with the dealership to get them to finally replace it.

Sounds like they forgot to plug the antenna back into the radio. Save a trip and pull the radio out yourself and plug it back in. Just be careful with where you rest the radio as the brackets and body have sharp edges. Lay down a towel on the center console to protect it.

Yeah check antenna and all the wires in there behind the radio.

When my radio (on a new 06 LGT) was fritzy, I could turn the FM static on and off with the rear defroster.