LegacyGT.com

Rear Control Arms (Upper) Question

So, this 21 piece "deluxe" kit didn't actually fit the arm. Wasn't enough room to get the setup on. So, I took the arms to a shop and they basically said the cost of pushing them out would be more than a new set. I was going to try and torch the rubber out and cut the metal sleeve on the bushing but decided against it. I went with the Rock Auto specials with a lifetime warranty. Mevotech or whatever. Lifetime is wishful thinking but at 60/arm I thought it was a good option. The Subaru ones were 100/arm and kinda looked worse than the RA specials. Whatever. From what I've heard it's not a super important piece where you need Subie or whiteline or whatnot.

When taking off the old piece, that upper bolt/nut was pretty stuck on there! I couldn't get it, there was really no room to get a decent grip on it, and it's on a weird offset angle. So, I just used a reciprocating saw and cut it off. There's enough room to get under it on the inside of the piece near the support by the nut side and saw it off upwards. Be sure to put a jack under the hub or whatever to take pressure off the suspension. It will fall once the upper bolt is cut. Oh, and it also helped to take the lower bolt off and free the arm. You can wiggle it a little and get a better shot at it.

Edited by Jolbaru_LGT