LegacyGT.com

September Car Mags -- Still no full review of USDM Legacy

The September issues of US car mags are starting to show up. I just received my R&T and Automobile in the mail today. [b]No Legacy reviews.[/b] Automobile has a "50 Great Cars" for 2005. No mention of any Subaru. Is that it for the big 05 Legacy intro? I'm disappointed. Oh well, at least we'll know for sure that our vehicles will be stealth! Ken[/b]

to be honest subaru was never hyped up that much. other then teh wrx and sti, i think its safe to say that most car mags and reviewers aren't in a rush to jump on anything subaru has to offer. subaru is a low profile company, always has been.

Low profile, yes... but NO profile? Automobile Magazine for this month had an article with 50 new vehicles mentioned. The last three or four were in a little 2 inch wide sidebar at the end of the page but the Legacy didn't even make THAT. :(

yea, i'm about to buy my first car. and one of my goals is to be unique. i don't want a bmw, or a honda, like everyone else has in the parking lot. i want something that people will go "hey hes got a pretty nice car, and its subaru?!" i beleive that the legacy will catch many people offgaurd until it is fully realized by magazines and the such.

First, I care that Suby has provided an attractive, top performing sports wagon. From personal interest, I could care less about car mags bla, bla, bla, BUT, if you care, think about this. Suby has spent a fortune on TV and expensive, very aggressive two page mag adverts making bold statements about their new Leg GT, before there are really any on the lot for sale. This is priming the mkt/sales pump, but hold back some heavy hits. I think it is smart for Suby to hold back some of its heavy hits for fall when mag readers can actually go to the dealer and test drive cars they can buy that day. Sales 101A = don’t pitch till the catchers are ready. The mags are not shorting Suby. Anyone read the one year long-term sti review in Motor Trend Aug/Sept? They talked about the Suby sti the way they used to talk about BMW. Suby is a press darling and some would say getting unfair advantage. What about the sti getting selected over the Porsche on the TV test earlier this year. What about the RT/CD test drive being done around the country? They are not doing that without a feature to follow. I think an Oct/Nov series of rave articles for the GT is brilliant timing. This is just one old mktg guys opinion.

Archived