LegacyGT.com

O2 Sensor/hard shudder issues/go catless??

I can take some pics tomorrow. The first one I got fit fine. I saw a video on YouTube of an 08 gt and it was the same setup as mine. Not sure if its just an 08 thing. But I went and got the first o2 I picked up. I'll try for the rear and replace it. If they doesn't work I'm just going bite it and the an invidia catted dp and go stage 2. Sucks to spend the money but it'll save me issues down the road.... if that finally fixes it....

So we can rule out the front o2. Unless its a bad part. But im not going to focus on that as of right now. Im getting an af learning reading reaching upwards of +15. So something is wrong. Maybe getting too much fuel from the cat possibly being clogged and messing with the reading? That would sort of make sense to me. It acts up the longer I drive it throughout the day. And in the morning after sitting overnight, it seems to run better than later in the day after being heated up and driven. If that gives any insight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Edited by Hopeful Soobie

You have a Cobb AP is it V2 or V3 ?

You will be fine getting a catted Dp and loading a stage 2 tune from Cobb. Get a Grimmspeed 2X thick 3" gasket. The stock exhaust will bolt up to the Dp. I use a bead of red Silicone sealant on both sides of the gasket.

Getting the stock downpipe off is the worst part of the job. Use PB Blaster on the old nuts before you try and remove them. use anti-seize compound on all threads when going back together.

Just use common 3/8" hardware when connecting the stock exhaust to the Dp. don't worry about those rusty old spring things set up. If you spend the money for stainless steel hardware there it will be a + for the future.

Do you have the stock midpipe with the resonator still in it ? Soundslike you have removed it.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Great thanks!

Is the cobb stage 1 tune sufficient to delete the rear o2? Or should I keep it until/if I eventually go stage 2?

I dont think the stage 1 deletes the rear 02 bc its meant to be run on a stock downpipe. The rear o2 can easily be disabled through romraider by changing the definitions file to include the parameter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You have a Cobb AP is it V2 or V3 ?

You will be fine getting a catted Dp and loading a stage 2 tune from Cobb. Get a Grimmspeed 2X thick 3" gasket. The stock exhaust will bolt up to the Dp. I use a bead of red Silicone sealant on both sides of the gasket.

Getting the stock downpipe off is the worst part of the job. Use PB Blaster on the old nuts before you try and remove them. use anti-seize compound on all threads when going back together.

Just use common 3/8" hardware when connecting the stock exhaust to the Dp. don't worry about those rusty old spring things set up. If you spend the money for stainless steel hardware there it will be a + for the future.

Do you have the stock midpipe with the resonator still in it ? Soundslike you have removed it.

Its the V3 ap. I picked up a rear o2 but they gave me the one for the n/a engine, so the wires weren't long enough [emoji849]. Ordered a 234-4446 for the rear. Will get it Tuesday and will be back with an update. The midpipe and resonator are gone. As is the rear cat.

If this o2 doesn't work I guess I'll look into the downpipe. Will be doing plugs and wires in the meantime.

Will be doing plugs and wires in the meantime.

You don't have wires on a GT.

I guess you've seen the DIY for spark plugs

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here