LegacyGT.com

08+ wrx intake

For those of you who did the intake which one did you use and any tips and tricks for the install?

I have seen Cobb 08+ wrx & k&n 08+, I do want to have a box. It is just a matter of closing off the opening that is on the kit to accommodate our set-up and the rest is fairly bolt on. Any fabrication needed.

I understand the MAS sensor is the same.

Any insight and/or pics would be appreciated. Looking at doing this myself. My tuning shop wants 600 for an air intake and another 150$ to make it custom. Feels a little steep!

Thanks.

I can't recall anyone using an airbox specificially, best to go through the build threads and check them out. I would thing the 2015+ wrx would be a better starting point. Shop time for fabrication isn't cheap, ask any of the people who have had it done. This platform is a PITA to work with.

I can't recall anyone using an airbox specificially, best to go through the build threads and check them out. I would thing the 2015+ wrx would be a better starting point. Shop time for fabrication isn't cheap, ask any of the people who have had it done. This platform is a PITA to work with.

I have started going through them and I only found a pic of a one with a KStech but that one has no box.

Also the reason for 08 and not 15 wrx intake is that the 08 MAS senor is plug in with ours and not the 2015 I would have to figure out some way of getting around that.

I can appreciate the fab time cost money but with the knowledge on this forum I am confident I can get it done cheaper.

I have a k&n 08+ wrx intake with the box and everything fits up perfectly.

You just have to cover the hole where the intake would originally fit into.

So I would recommend the K&N intake. Might sell mine, since I need 3” intake for my new turbo setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a k&n 08+ wrx intake with the box and everything fits up perfectly.

You just have to cover the hole where the intake would originally fit into.

So I would recommend the K&N intake. Might sell mine, since I need 3” intake for my new turbo setup.

What did you use to cover the hole? :lol: might be interested in buying if you are selling... assuming shipping to Canada is not to bad

What did you use to cover the hole? :lol: might be interested in buying if you are selling... assuming shipping to Canada is not to bad

Just some abs plastic.

Photo attached for proof lol

IMG_2645.jpg.01810613a3a8c0c5cdf98034476c4372.jpg

3fa9d8f592c1bbf1c4b1320e9728c78e.jpg

I would leave the stock air box unless you are planning on pushing the performance envelope of our engine.
:bbq:

Call me weird but I am planning some days and some days want to sell the car, I guess this is what they call mid-life crisis :confused:

:bbq:

Call me weird but I am planning some days and some days want to sell the car, I guess this is what they call mid-life crisis :confused:

There's a saying: "If it's a doubt, it's a don't". Not sure if you want to sell the car more than you would want to keep it...

• 2 weeks later...
So i scored a Cobb SF a buddy of mine had one lieing around. My question now is if I install is it safe to drive before a tune? roughly 60 miles or should I tow the car there.

You should be okay

Just stay out of boost until tune