LegacyGT.com

DRLs again !@#$%^

klaus

Well, it's been foggy around Vancouver these days (actually since Friday). Really foggy in Richmond south of Vancouver.

I was dropping my kids off and was driving with normal speed. Got into an area with a really dense fog. Guess what -- a dark shadow without any tail lights showed up right in front of me. :icon_mad: I did stop on time.

I guess you are getting my point. People are getting lazy and are driving with only DRLs thinking that "oh, I have my lights on so why switching on the full lights". :icon_evil

No need to say I'm cursing whoever decided that DRLs are a good thing. They should have done it differently:

a) either include tail lights with the DRLs, or

b) just force everybody to drive with full lights like they do in Europe, and

c) have the tail FOG light like they do in Europe.

they should make the headlights come on automatically with the wipers. In NY you have to have them on with the wipers anyways. Dunno what the laws are in other states but since visiblitly is decreased in the bad weather it wouldnt be a bad idea. DRLs themselves are stupid. & if everyones got em, it's pointless. I see so many people driving around with only drls at night too. How they dont notice their headlights are dim is beyond me.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Klaus- you live in Richmond? So do I. This has been some crazy fog this week, eh?

I feel like I'm in some Steven King story or something...

The fog has spurned me into re-adjusting my fog lights up slightly and possibly going out to some of the Asian malls today to look for the Piaa Ion H3 bulbs that shine that nice, piercing yellow.

I do agree with the DRL's. Too many people forget that there is nothing visible in the back of the car. I'd like to see some red markers turn on in the back of the car with DRL's, for sure.

Regardless, I'll send you a Private message, Richmond-related, as I don't want to clog up this thread with personal chit chat.

Perhaps the other thread on swapping the DRLs to high beams is an attempt to get more light...

And then maybe they could include some optic fibers to the rear....

Yeah....

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived