LegacyGT.com

Anybody have experience buying parts from Japan through a proxy service?

I'm looking to buy some parts from Japanese auctions, specifically an STI Genome axleback for a BP5 wagon. Does anybody have recommendations for a proxy service to use that focuses on auto parts? Some of the more popular ones seem to focus on electronics and anime figurines, etc and it's tough to get clear quotes on shipping from them.

I've been keeping my eye on a bunch of Croooober listings as well, but you're right, shipping is crazy right now. I was going to look there again once everything dies down.

I saw that ebay listing too, thought it was odd though coming from Russia so I was a bit uneasy about it.

I've gotten a few things through Russian sellers without issue, although the shipping through Russia Post was slow. Remember, Russia is just across the Sea of Japan and it seems like there are more and more dismantlers working JDM cars there lately. Generally better prices than Japan outlets.

I've used MyJapanBrand which is a little more involved than Croober. You have to be handy with Chrome and google translate, the plus side is you can brows Yahoo! Auctions directly. I believe there's another thread about these shipping services. You should know that there are major shipping delays right now. I purchased items on April 4th and 17th that are still stuck at their local post offices because there aren't enough flights to move packages right now. In normal times though, these are trustworthy services. Be forewarned, last year I purchased about $2,000 in parts and paid a little over $1,000 in shipping. The volume I was shipping was in the dead spot just before becoming economical for ocean freight.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

$1500 or so for seats from Japan, you could always look on Crooooober and find a pair to get a shipping quote.

The JDM through Russia parts I've bought were all through ebay.

It was a question in jest but I'm pleasantly surprised someone actually knew the answer. I tried calling a few JDM importers to see if I could share some container space but it doesn't seem to interest anyone.

Does Croooober have better shipping options?

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

I want to share my findings on a container sharing service based in Texas, I just purchased the seats above through them. Their name is JDMBuyer.com (based in Texas),their pricing structure is a 20% commission on the price of item plus a fixed schedule of fees that can be found here.

For example, a pair of $1,000 seats would total $1,000 + $200 (20% commission) + $279 (flat fee for pair of seats) = $1,479. This is what it costs to get to their warehouse. After that you have to tack on shipping from Texas to your location.

Still spendy but not nearly as spendy as traditional EMS services. I've been searching for a service like this for a long time and was surprised to find that many JDM importers don't offer any container space (I tried calling around). JDM Buyers is the first company I've found offering this service.

If anyone else is interested in those seats JDM Tuners in Calgary has a pair in just slightly rougher shape. The remote controls will need to be repaired and it can probably use a reupholster.

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

• 3 months later...
Deliveries are so much expensive because of Covid, I hope the price goes down a little bit. It is crazy when I think how I was buying stuff from those cheap websites in China for almost nothing and now the delivery on those things is much more than the thing itself. Covid has really hit us financially and it has made me use torrent to save money. I even found pirate bay proxy which you have to use when the site is down. It is the easiest way to unblock the website. I am not really proud of that, but the situation is like that now. Edited by BrandonDyer