LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

• I Donated

Yeah we do 73 during the day, 70 in the evening, and then I turn it down to 68 when I'm about to go to sleep.

It's definitely pricey, but I make up for it by keeping the thermostat lower in the winter. Plus, I can afford an extra $50 a month for 4-6 months out of the year to be comfortable.

I do want to get solar eventually, though. Run the AC all I want, plus cryptocoin mining, all for free!

I've stayed in plenty of hot places. And humid. Still need it cold to sleep. Sitting around is different.

My in laws were in florida for years. They kept their house at 75. Couldn't sleep there. Same with family in Cali.

If a hotel thermostat doesn't go below 70, I Google the programming hacks to change the limits lol

I've stayed in plenty of hot places. And humid. Still need it cold to sleep. Sitting around is different.

My in laws were in florida for years. They kept their house at 75. Couldn't sleep there. Same with family in Cali.

If a hotel thermostat doesn't go below 70, I Google the programming hacks to change the limits lol

You are so extra! :lol:

74-75 at night here and I get chilly.

---

You all are funny saying it's to hot. Try living in UAE, haha. The bottom of your shoe sticks to the pavement. They have no dryers they hang there clothes outside and it be dry in 5-10 minutes. You can't go swimming till night time because the water is way to hot during the day, lol.

That remind me I need to reserve the shop lift for tomorrow. I need to swap out that broken ABS sensor from doing the bearing hub.

Edited by amusa

Went to a restaurant called Charleston here in Baltimore last week. Depending who you ask, it's the best, or at least top 3, restaurant in Baltimore.

Was $$$, but damn, absolutely incredible. Creative dishes, great wine pairings. And we had a table right by the kitchen, so got dinner and a show.

I've been to The Prime Rib, a high end steak house, but wasn't too impressed. I can cook steak just fine myself, and the apps/sides weren't anything special. Only thing that stood out there was the service, so nowhere near worth the price in my view.

The Prime Rib was something like $50-60 for a filet mignon. And that's without any sides, so plus $10 for a side of mashed taters, and $10-15 for a side of veggies.

I'm a pretty good cook, so usually when I'm dining out I try to order things I don't cook at home.

One perk of city living is lots of places in walking distance, and there are some good happy hour deals on food. We also have a list of newish places around the city to work through

If your talking about the The Prime Rib in D.C. I ate there few times. Nothing special but I wonder if it still have that dress code.

You should try J. Gilbert's on Old Dominion Drive in McLean, VA. If your ever out that way.

There's a Prime Rib in Baltimore, where I live. Same owners, same menu, but the Baltimore one is a few dollars cheaper.

They (the Baltimore one at least) dropped the jackets required dress code a few years ago

• I Donated
Went to a restaurant called Charleston here in Baltimore last week. Depending who you ask, it's the best, or at least top 3, restaurant in Baltimore.

Was $$$, but damn, absolutely incredible. Creative dishes, great wine pairings. And we had a table right by the kitchen, so got dinner and a show.

If you liked Charleston, try Bar Vasquez. It's an Argentinean steakhouse run by the same restaurant group (Foreman Wolf). Delicious, and good service. Try the empanadas and croquetas on the appetizer menu before you go for the steak, too.

There are a few other restaurants run by the same group that are also good.

Have an interview with a Swiss company on Tuesday, looking forward to that.

I finally got an Xbox series X via the insider program, it arrived today. Downloading the 75gb updated version for Horizon 4 right now:)

Elite dangerous is playing like butter too. Load times, almost non-existent, can't wait to try Red Dead

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

sent jeep in for a recall that corporate has been mailing us weekly about. Scheduled a month out to be sure parts were available. When I went to pick it up, service advisor told techs not to do the work and didn't tell us. When I asked about it, advisor said you can schedule it and we'll do it. The urge to wrap a wrench around someone's head has never been so strong. My response was something like "f that, I'm done with it ".

We've been looking for a better tow vehicle. Dodge was a leading contender. On the way home, drove past a Toyota dealer that had the exact configuration we'd been looking for. Traded the jeep in, and took home the Toyota. Recall completed after-all.