LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

I've been teaching myself to tig weld lately. I started on stainless tubing (which isn't a good thing to start with I guess) and then tried aluminum plate.

The pictures show my 1st & 2nd attempt at aluminum and where I currently stand with stainless tubing; I'm getting better and it's very enjoyable.

I have a 1/4 wave resonator to weld to my exhaust and an IAT bung to weld to my Grimmspeed intercooler which is why I'm teaching myself to tig.5a980ce2ef6a54669fb76449ba6781ca.jpg34f3133fee806fe8ad83322c06a91c90.jpgacecd700e5d68f13dda1d84ec66b4041.jpgfdc718843de6e64311610535417622a2.jpg

Stack of dimes!

I've always wanted to learn how to weld.

hf. fancy equipment lets you weld longer before taking a break. hf equipment lets you get started for cheap. once you get good then can upgrade. i took welding classes at local tech college. spent most of the time learning tig on aluminum. at home, i can only do mig.

patience is the hardest part.

Sucks. There’s a lot of restaurants that closed here and have not reopened. On another note two years ago we did not have any crab places. Now there are 5 in a 2 mile radius.
---