LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Buddy of mine finally got a house under contract. Started looking early this year and was having a hell of a time. Bidding wars, places being under contract within a couple days of listing, etc.

He and his wife decided they wanted to move to the area we grew up in...northern Baltimore County, for anyone familiar with the area, and wanted to be close to the highway for ease of commute, so a fairly limited geography they were shopping in.

His last ditch effort was sending unsolicited letters to houses in the area he was interested in. Was like a college application letter - included info about himself and his wife, how they loved growing up in the area and wanted to move back, wanted a nice sized yard for gardening/entertaining/dog, good school system for the family they'll be starting soon, etc.

And it worked!

The seller was already preparing to downsize, but was planning on late this year. They agreed to a closing date in July. Got a decent price too.

Started a new job today. Took 3 weeks off, and boy did it show. Didn't even think to open outlook for a few hours, since i'm so out of touch. And what a load of training and other info! Gonna need to stick the nose to the grindstone!
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

I thought I was the only one that got those stupid calls and letters because I signed up for an extended warranty like 15 years ago, I wonder if everyone gets them

EVERYONE gets them.

I have 20 years left for full retirement. Not sure what to do with my company yet. If I want to pass it onto my son, sell or just shut it down.

20 years? Sell it now and do something else? Unless your son really wants the business and you can stay on as an consultant ?

My parents created a couple of legacies for us. None of which were our passions, so they sold out and moved on.

idk your situation, but if you haven't already started grooming your children to take over (assuming they are of age); they'll strike off in their own direction.

/based on my life experiences. ymmv. seek professional help before taking any of this as advice.

My son is set for investment's. I started him before his 1 year old birthday, lol. That kid already has a nice portfolio. I can't sell the company now or I'm going to owe taxes. The company is saving us each year with the deduction's.

Son Investment's

-529 Plan for College.

-Mutual Funds

-ETFs Funds.

-Individual Stocks (Tesla, Disney, and Corsair)

Maybe I should do a Roth for him after I get the house paid off :icon_idea

Edited by amusa

My son is set for investment's. I started him before his 1 year old birthday, lol. That kid already has a nice portfolio. I can't sell the company now or I'm going to owe taxes. The company is saving us each year with the deduction's.

Son Investment's

-529 Plan for College.

-Mutual Funds

-ETFs Funds.

-Individual Stocks (Tesla, Disney, and Corsair)

Maybe I should do a Roth for him after I get the house paid off :icon_idea

Can you adopt me? :wub:

---

Can you adopt me? :wub:

Your the third one ask for adoption :lol:

My financial person said due to my age and my income I won't benefit from a Roth. I was told to go as much I can in the IRA.

Edited by amusa

it pays off in the end, when you don't have to pay taxes on the money you withdraw.

"popular benefit of the Roth IRA is that there is no required withdrawal date. You can actually leave your money in the Roth IRA to let it grow and compound tax-free as long as you live. What's more, any money you do choose to withdraw is tax-free"

although there is a maximum income level for putting money in it, and a max contribution per year of 7000$. As soon as your son has earned income, he can put money in one. even if working at mcdonalds.

been working at the dealership for about 6 weeks and buying "quality" tools off the trucks for about the same amount of time. Bought a torque wrench from the snap-on dealer i've wanted for several years. It failed on the second day. the dealer's response was crickets because no cell phone.

So today he comes to the shop. sorry no refunds because used. sorry no loaners. sorry minimum 3 weeks for warranty repair. btw, you still have to make payments on a tool you can't use. f'em. called the route owner. tomorrow calling corporate.

the average snap-on owning tech spends 80-100k on tools.

/vent

That's ridiculous. Recently I started buying used snap on stuff on ebay to replace my failing craftsman ratchets. You have to be very careful with snap on stuff, because some of their lines do not offer lifetime warranties.

I have to get a new phone, any good deals out there?

I loathe the idea of shopping for them, I want cheap, quick, done. Showed up at 10:55am to a Metro PCS store and they open up at 11, just happened to turn in there on a whim. Anyway, man-bun behind the counter peered at me me through the door with beady little ferret eyes and then fled to the back room. I get it you're not open, but great customer service. I wasn't going to hang out.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

been working at the dealership for about 6 weeks and buying "quality" tools off the trucks for about the same amount of time. Bought a torque wrench from the snap-on dealer i've wanted for several years. It failed on the second day. the dealer's response was crickets because no cell phone.

So today he comes to the shop. sorry no refunds because used. sorry no loaners. sorry minimum 3 weeks for warranty repair. btw, you still have to make payments on a tool you can't use. f'em. called the route owner. tomorrow calling corporate.

the average snap-on owning tech spends 80-100k on tools.

/vent

Wait what. Our Snap-On guy will replace it for free. We have broken few socket's from owning them for years and they got replace no matter what for free.

I had AT&T. They can't even get the billing correct. I'm always on the phone fighting with them. I like T-Mobile but had to switch due to dead coverage then I switch to Verizon (more expensive) and I been with Verizon for maybe 8 years now maybe longer. I'm on 5G. I like how Verizon mobile plan and my home Fios is covered together under one bill.

Edited by amusa

just looked up the warranty on the tq wrench:

"Snap-on Repair Center, 1 YEAR from Date of Purchase, Repair or Calibrate at Snap-on Repair Center."

unless I cant get a tool from any other place (or can't make do), that's the last purchase from snap-on. f'em.

Cornwall truck sells same type of wrench. 6 months replacement no questions asked. lifetime warranty. half as much