LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Anybody here have an irrigation system for plants?

I have a few containers with flowers and looking to setup an automated irrigation system so I can be lazy and not manually water every day (and twice a day in the middle of summer)

Main thing I'm trying to decide on is do I use drip tubing or individual emitters.

Might do a mix, drip tubing for the bigger containers, then emitters for the smaller containers

Edited by stm25rs

On April 1 (no joke!) the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office published an application by Subaru for a utility patent on a flying motorcycle:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&p=1&S1=(motorcycle+AND+subaru)&OS=motorcycle+AND+subaru&RS=(motorcycle+AND+subaru)

040121-Subaru-flying-motorcycle-patent-fig-2-633x388.png

040121-Subaru-flying-motorcycle-patent-fig-5-633x388.png

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I have a few containers with flowers and looking to setup an automated irrigation system so I can be lazy and not manually water every day (and twice a day in the middle of summer)

Main thing I'm trying to decide on is do I use drip tubing or individual emitters.

Might do a mix, drip tubing for the bigger containers, then emitters for the smaller containers

I built a underground sprinkler system that uses 3/4" pvc pipe as main distribution to 1/4" drip. The thing connects to the hose bib via a cut down garden hose.

https://www.orbitonline.com/product/battery-operated-underground-sprinkler-timer/ is the timer which hooks to 4 valve manifold so have 4 zones. We never hooked up the rain sensor so sometimes things get more water than expected.

digging the trenches was a pain because glacial till & clay. A jack hammer with a shovel bit was easier. The next system I removed all the soil down to level of the sprinkler system, laid it all out, and then backfilled with good dirt. End result was perfect. System runs all season on a set of batteries and we don't waste water on things that don't need it

• I Donated

You should stop by my house at some point. We (my brother-in-law and I, with engineering on the trusses from my wife) built a greenhouse (stick-built with poured foundation), ran 3/4" PVC and 12/3 UF wiring to it, and have drip irrigation in there. Just one channel for now, but another channel for some fenced-in raised beds is planned.

We rented a trencher from Home Depot. Made running the utilities a lot easier.

I'll do some serious irrigation like that once I have a house with a yard and can do real gardening.

Ended up ordering a basic kit from the Drip Store, using drip tubing, and a Bhyve wifi timer. Will be setting that up this weekend.

This is my "garden" for now, plus a couple railing boxes out back with herbs that will just continue to get manually watered. e98e792539b1388c5e071a36c355fa60.jpg

People are dumb.

"-Two passengers are suing United Airlines after one of the plane's engine blew apart on a flight.

-The pair reported suffering personal, emotional, and financial damage as a result of the incident.

-Each claimant is seeking $50,000 in damages."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/united-airlines-hit-with-lawsuit-from-two-passengers-after-a-boeing-777-engine-caught-fire-mid-air/ar-BB1fKHrj

Clifford Law is out of Chicago. They'll win. Commercial entities don't win personal injury suits in Chicago. I'm not sure why the suit was filed in Cook County, (flight was from Denver to Honolulu), but that's one of the most plaintiff friendly venues in the country. Edited by Dishwasher

Brought to you by Pfizer

People are dumb.

"-Two passengers are suing United Airlines after one of the plane's engine blew apart on a flight.

-The pair reported suffering personal, emotional, and financial damage as a result of the incident.

-Each claimant is seeking $50,000 in damages."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/united-airlines-hit-with-lawsuit-from-two-passengers-after-a-boeing-777-engine-caught-fire-mid-air/ar-BB1fKHrj

can't wait for the class action suit. bankrupt all the airlines.

Clifford Law is out of Chicago. They'll win. Commercial entities don't win personal injury suits in Chicago. I'm not sure why the suit was filed in Cook County, (flight was from Denver to Honolulu), but that's one of the most plaintiff friendly venues in the country.

United is headquartered here