LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Turns out the summon/ trial date is exactly when my wife is flying down to California to see her niece. I will be home alone with the kids so there's no way I can do that.

What did you do wrong?

Turns out the summon/ trial date is exactly when my wife is flying down to California to see her niece. I will be home alone with the kids so there's no way I can do that.

Show up with a bad cough... Really bad with sniffles.

453747.png

IL has the gold star a lot of woke people are very upset over that
Why, are they saying it's antisemitic?

I've seen some libertarian/sovereign citizen types saying Real ID is tantamount to Nazi Germany, papers please, wear the star of David kinda stuff.

Why, are they saying it's antisemitic?

I've seen some libertarian/sovereign citizen types saying Real ID is tantamount to Nazi Germany, papers please, wear the star of David kinda stuff.

Yup thats about it.

What did you do wrong?

To get a jury summons? IDK, probably registering to vote all those years ago, I really should think these things through more carefully.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Agreed. And most people call it jury duty lol

The summons is the thing to select jurors for jury duty, right now all I have is a summons, notice, same thing. I'm sure KRB would have some historical explanation of how the selection process was formed :lol: Then he would drill it in about the honor of service and being summoned in the first place.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Unless he / she is personally prosecuting that case, you should be ok lol

Last time I was on a Jury he was personally prosecuting the case, it’s a small county and he runs a small private practice office as well as taking on prosecutor duties for the state.

He’s a lazy sack of shit that over charges expecting plea deals, he was not prepared to actually prove beyond a reasonable doubt the last time I was a juror. Don’t get me wrong the defendant in the case was a stupid jackass in dire need of an ass whipping, but he wasn’t guilty of the charges which were taken way too far. Pretty sure if we could have voted for not guilty on stalking charges, but guilty on “needs a severe ass whipping” he’d have gotten that ass whipping.

Thank you for your Jury Duty service.

I have not gotten one in at least three years. I am sure I am due for one very soon!

Last one got settled right before court started so I got dismissed.

---

over charges expecting plea deals, he was not prepared to actually prove beyond a reasonable doubt the last time I was a juror.

This is the MO of prosecutors in all kinds of places....search coercive plea bargaining if interested in reading more.

• I Donated
Thank you for your Jury Duty service.

I have not gotten one in at least three years. I am sure I am due for one very soon!

Last one got settled right before court started so I got dismissed.

I've been selected for jury duty four times in my entire life. First time was when I was in college, so I got excused because I was out of state. The last three times, my juror number was high enough that I didn't have to come in.

I actually want to do jury duty. I feel like it's an important civic duty that too many people try to shirk. Probably wouldn't want a murder case, though. My dad actually sat on one of those. And a coworker was the foreman on a really wild attempted-murder one and actually got quoted in the paper.

I've been summoned for jury a number of times. made it to the selection point a couple of times. First thing they ask is if attendance would be a hardship. However on the summons itself, there should be a postponement option. If you fill it out and send it in, you'll be excused (worked for us). Eventually you'll have to attend.

I got picked as alternate last time. And then the lawyers settled before trial. You'd think they could get this shite sorted before wasting dozens of ppl's time. I tracked the prosecutor down to tell them that. They were pissy...something about caseload. I asked if they understood 100 people had to take 3 days off work because their poor work management skills? We parted still pissed off. Shortly thereafter my little town changed how they did jury trials. I'm sure my bitch session (I wasn't the only person to complain) wasn't the final straw. However, time wasting jury selection has dropped dramatically.

Edited by boxkita

I got summoned 3 x in a row. Never picked. I flipped out on them. Given my job and whatnot I'll never get picked. Plus I'm a commission based employee, so getting picked really fucks my pay. I'm happy to do it. But 3 years in a row sucks.

If you're not picked, you go back into the pool

We are excused for at least a year after attending jury duty even if you are not picked. The Palm Beach County courthouse is on a high rise not blocked by any other building. They have huge windows and the view is spectacular from up there.
---

Have you ever even gone out for a night in Palm Beach County? Milf’s look like they are in their 30’s. Bitches are hot down here. Not on the west coast of Florida. That’s where old people go to die. :spin:
---